Deathcore band from alabama(listen if you like whitechapel)

brianhood

No Care Ever
sounds feuckin brutal!

got sum quesitons:
-which amps?
-how many guitar tracks?
-real drums?

Thanks bro!

The amp is Pod xt(couldn't do real amps this time because of noise restraints)
everything is single tracked. We tracked 5 songs start to finish in 2 and a half days, so we didnt have time to quad track anything.
The drums are real. 100% quantized and replaced with slate samples.

anyone have suggestions? Is the bass guitar too loud?

Thanks bro!
The amp is Pod xt

VERY nice nice tone! i make that music style with my band and i have a POD X3.
could you share pod preset you use in this record? thanks man.

i like a lot drums too, incredible work Brian.;)

Drums sounds cool, and if you dual tracked i suggest to quad just like Mammar said.
Mind telling the pod settings ? sounds really good and very close to a rectifier tone , i like it .

Good stuff.
Make it a little louder. Just 1 more db of compression.
Add some ambience. How about a little mastering reverb?

I bumped the mastering reverb down a bit for this project, but maybe i shouldn't have? There is just a tad on there on this mix.

As far as loudness, i usually shoot for around -9.5 rms. The mix above is only at about -10.5, but I've been working on the project today, and that's it's at -9 and it doesn't sound smashed.

Sounds like you've dual-tracked? Really?
How about some quad-tracking?:heh:

*correct me if I'm wrong*

definitely dual tracked. The dudes only at 2 and a half days to track drums, guitars, bass, and vocals on 5 songs, so they didn't have enough time to quad track everything unfortunately. Kinda sux:rolleyes:

Drums sounds cool, and if you dual tracked i suggest to quad just like Mammar said.
Mind telling the pod settings ? sounds really good and very close to a rectifier tone , i like it .

VERY nice nice tone! i make that music style with my band and i have a POD X3.
could you share pod preset you use in this record? thanks man.

i like a lot drums too, incredible work Brian.;)

Thanks dudes!
Here you go guys. It was done using the ms diamond Plate, so you guys will need the metal pack.
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Before my End/Before my End .l6t

Brianhood, thanks a lot for preset. sure, you´re the man. that helps a lot people. thanks again.
band name? Before my end???

and one quick question:
how do you record pod tone? pod usb or pod connected to interface with spdif for example?

thanks man,

Brianhood, thanks a lot for preset. sure, you´re the man. that helps a lot people. thanks again.
band name? Before my end???

and one quick question:
how do you record pod tone? pod usb or pod connected to interface with spdif for example?

thanks man,

no problem bro.

I have the pod connected to my computer via usb so i can alter the tone settings via gearbox, but it's plugged into the Aux inputs of my Digi 003 rack and recorded through that. I basically use my pod as a sound card so i can run all the other sounds of my computer into the pod, then the pod into the 003 rack, then 003 rack into my studio monitors.
That makes it so that any sound on my computer can be recorded, making it easy to get sound clips from movies or youtube videos(though i'm not sure how legal that is lol). One of their songs has a Rackem Willie soundclip haha.
just for those who dont know who that is....

Last edited by a moderator:
no problem bro.

I have the pod connected to my computer via usb so i can alter the tone settings via gearbox, but it's plugged into the Aux inputs of my Digi 003 rack and recorded through that. I basically use my pod as a sound card so i can run all the other sounds of my computer into the pod, then the pod into the 003 rack, then 003 rack into my studio monitors.
That makes it so that any sound on my computer can be recorded, making it easy to get sound clips from movies or youtube videos(though i'm not sure how legal that is lol). One of their songs has a Rackem Willie soundclip haha.
just for those who dont know who that is....

thanks again Brian!
I supposed you only used usb for gearbox tone settings, nothing else.
you record pod tone via interface (1/4, spdif, what you want) and that is what i wanted to know.;) thanks.

and...do you record same preset for two guitarists?

Sounds fucking awesome dude! The new version definately sounds much better... If it were me I'd probably make the guitars slightly more present. But tbh, it's more of a personal taste thing. They actually still work REALLY well in the mix as they are... What are the band called btw dude?