Deathcore band from alabama(listen if you like whitechapel)

Sounds great Brian! I'm just kinda curious how you treat them guitars and if your eqing each channel and what your eqing or if your busing them and eqing the buss only?

Also whats the plugin chain and if you could post some screen shots of the guitar plugins that would make my year.

Great work again dude!!

I'd love to know what went on as far as the vocals? What mic? And what processing did you do? One thing I always struggle with is getting the whole, 1 high vocal 1 low vocal thing to sit properly... This sounds fucking awesome...

What are the band called btw dude?

They're just some local band called Before My End.

Sounds great Brian! I'm just kinda curious how you treat them guitars and if your eqing each channel and what your eqing or if your busing them and eqing the buss only?

Also whats the plugin chain and if you could post some screen shots of the guitar plugins that would make my year.

Great work again dude!!

The guitars just have an eq on each channel with a high pass at 100hz and a low pass at 10k with a 4db boost at 5.5k
they also have andy's c4 settings and that's it as far as post processing.

I'd love to know what went on as far as the vocals? What mic? And what processing did you do? One thing I always struggle with is getting the whole, 1 high vocal 1 low vocal thing to sit properly... This sounds fucking awesome...

Here is my vocal chain:
Pop Filter=>
AT3035=>
Digi 003 rack+ pre=>
digi design expander/gate=>
Waves De Esser=>
C1 Compressor w/-40 thresh, 20:1 ratio, .01 attack, 30ms release and 30db makeup=>
eq with high pass at 180 and low pass at 8.2k

Probably not what you're "suppose" to do, but it sounded good to me.
As far as lows and highs, i just generally turn the low vox down a few db more than the highs. Once it's "mastered" it all blends together pretty well.

here is the updated version

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Before my End/V3/Ear Sex by Brian and or Bryan.mp3

a little louder, a litter more mastering reverb, a little different overall mix, and a different tom 3 sample.

btw. The guitars at the beginning were tracked via the Joey Sturgis aka Joeymusicguy "Half time riff tightening maddness" method.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/448407-half-time-riff-tightening-madness.html
i don't understand this thing... could you explain this in differend way ?:p

They're just some local band called Before My End.

The guitars just have an eq on each channel with a high pass at 100hz and a low pass at 10k with a 4db boost at 5.5k
they also have andy's c4 settings and that's it as far as post processing.

Here is my vocal chain:
Pop Filter=>
AT3035=>
Digi 003 rack+ pre=>
digi design expander/gate=>
Waves De Esser=>
C1 Compressor w/-40 thresh, 20:1 ratio, .01 attack, 30ms release and 30db makeup=>
eq with high pass at 180 and low pass at 8.2k

Probably not what you're "suppose" to do, but it sounded good to me.
As far as lows and highs, i just generally turn the low vox down a few db more than the highs. Once it's "mastered" it all blends together pretty well.

What are you setting's the digi expander/gate?

My settings are usually really similar on vocals but Ive never used a expander gate and just curious what your doing with this exactly. Also thanks for the details dude!

What are you setting's the digi expander/gate?

My settings are usually really similar on vocals but Ive never used a expander gate and just curious what your doing with this exactly. Also thanks for the details dude!

It basically is set up for me so that when the singer takes a breath, it's dropped in volume by a 2:1 ratio. That way it doesnt cut out at the breaths unnaturally, but they are quieted down so they don't stick out alot like they tend to do when compressed that much.

BMEVocalGatesettings.jpg

The song is fucking great dude,,, and the sound .. i love it...can you post little about the settings on you master..

i'ts nothing special. I just used gclip set at 4db and 50% softness=>a limiter with a thres and margin at 0=>another gclip with the same settings=> Izotop Ozone justing using the limiter on it with a -2 thresh.

more or less it's steven slates method as posted in the "getting your loudness?" thread.

What sine wav generator?

Do you use the one in protools and set at like 80hz create a sine wav and then just pitch shift that down?

Also that screen shot link did not work....

What sine wav generator?

Do you use the one in protools and set at like 80hz create a sine wav and then just pitch shift that down?

Also that screen shot link did not work....

check the pic again, should be working.

But yeah, i do a sine wave at about 75hz then use the waves Soundshifter P(not the plugin) to shift it down until it sounds right to me. Then i just do like a 5ms fade in and a long fade out

yea i made my own this morning with a 80hz wav and then just automated a pitch shifting plugin. So yea basically I do it the exact same way you do just maybe a bit more work but oh well.....:)