Four Years Strong rip off band i recorded.

brianhood

No Care Ever
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/All too Well/song 1.mp3

I'm pretty ready to actually start recording these bigger bands instead of all the local bands that rip them off haha:lol:

This is the first mix. Guitars are pod farm with the "Citrus" head through treadplate cab(patch below). Drums are real,quantized by hand, and replaced with slate samples(as usual). Drummer wanted "big" sounding drums, so i did the best i could(not sure if i achieved it or not). Bass is my usual Ampex SVX with eq and limiter

vocals are all pitch corrected in melodyne, and my god did i have to pitch correct this band....i tried my best to make it sound natural, but it was simply impossible on some parts. We took alot of time tracking vocals, so this is about as good as we could get it in the amount of time we had...

I still have a little work to do on this, but criticism is appreciated:)

pod farm patch.
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Random/brian orange head 1.l6t

Fuuuck man... I LOVE Four Year Strong!

This band... not so much. Almost a blatent ripoff, and they're really missing the 2nd singer vibe!

You gotta be shitting me. Hit me with your best shot? That's a line straight from FYS, almost with the same melody and chords behind it. These guys are reallllly pushing it here...

Drums sound a bit toooo replaced, in all honesty - maybe go with more room tones or try to get a big room impulse? Main vocals could come up and be a bit less dry, but all the layering sounds great. Overall a really clear, clean mix with what's going on. I dig it!

Good job again,Brian.

I like it.Really pro sounding...

BTW:How's that quantizing vid?Noob question here...Do you allways have to record with click,to get quantizing working properly?

Cheers!

Good job again,Brian.

I like it.Really pro sounding...

BTW:How's that quantizing vid?Noob question here...Do you allways have to record with click,to get quantizing working properly?

Cheers!

haha yeah...i downloaded some kind of screen recording software to make the video, but i can't get it to record sound. So i'll probably end up making a silent video, then adding commentary in post :lol:
The video IS coming though!

and yes, you have to recording to a click/be on a grid to quantize as far as i know

I dunno what video you guys are on about making, but I suggest you use CamStudio.
Waiting for this track to download to take a listen...

Edit: I'm listening on earbuds, but I found the vocals very hard to distinguish/hear. Even though he's singing - I can't make out a single word really...!

haha yeah...i downloaded some kind of screen recording software to make the video, but i can't get it to record sound. So i'll probably end up making a silent video, then adding commentary in post :lol:
The video IS coming though!

and yes, you have to recording to a click/be on a grid to quantize as far as i know

That's great to hear you dont have buried that vid.You should try that Camstudio what Digitaldeath suggest,to get your voice too in vid.:)