New stuff that's really got my balls pumping...

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
The new NEVERMORE title track from the new album available for download at Century Media. HOLY SHIT!!

John Arch "A Twist Of Fate" (old Fates Warning vocalist, Jim Matheos (FW/OSI), Joey Vera (Armored Saint, FW, Engine, Seven Witches, etc..)and Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater. Awesome two song EP totaling almost 30 minutes.)

ENSLAVED "Below The Lights"

KING'S X "Black Like Sunday"

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY "The Blessed Hellride"

EPHEL DUATH "The Painter's Palette" (What in the fuck?)

SKINLESS "From Sacrifice To Survival" (wow....)

EPHEL DUATH deserves a review by one of us. It's mind boggling and briliant. Who's volunteering? I might take a stab at it...

VIRGIN BLACK - Elegant and Dying: I'll tell you all now, this is going to get a fucking decent score in my review.

I cannot believe that the Virgin Black/Antimatter/Agalloch tour did not make it to the east coast. :(

Demonspell said:
I'm also looking forward to the Antimatter and Virgin Black albums, the songs on The End website and the other two I've heard from the former are excellent...
The new Antimatter is GOOD, I should have a review within the next couple of days.

I would like to see a review of Ephel Duath, even though I already have it. :Spin:

bloodfiredeath said:
Yeah, I think it's better. DHIADW was alright, but I agree in that it didn't grab me the way Dreaming Neon Black did.

You know what's bizarre? After seeing Nevermore live for the first time, the album is strangely much better! Has that ever happened to you blood(or anyone)?

Back on topic, JayK reminded me that I needed to get around to the new Darkthrone. So I have. Wow. Balls = pumping. :hotjump:

Yeah, that's a good way to describe them for me as well. Their earlier thrashy elements are much more pronounced in a live setting. Plus, Warrel has excellent stage presence. Songs like "Inside Four Walls" and "Narcosynthesis" were just skull-splitting live. I would recommend them to anyone at this point.

That is true that they weren't happy with the sound, but I'm doubting they can have the album remastered to their liking in time for the July 29 release date. You know Century Media isn't going to push this back.

markgugs said:
That is true that they weren't happy with the sound, but I'm doubting they can have the album remastered to their liking in time for the July 29 release date. You know Century Media isn't going to push this back.

It's not the first time it's been pushed back, it was supposed to come out June 17th... besides, it's the last album in their contract, so I'm sure CM actually would rather put out something that's going to see a good return on their monies...

markgugs said:
Considering it's their first album in over 3 years, and based on my conversations with CM, this album ain't gettin' delayed. Period.

If that's their perspective on it, then I can see why Iced Earth and now Nevermore are leaving the label... same shit happened with the Believe in Nothing video. CM chose that song for obvious reasons and it didn't do shit for the band or the label. Except maybe by putting it on dvd and selling it...

Patience is a fucking virtue.

I need an A&R job, I could break half of these fucking bands that these labels can't seem to get the job done with...

Today is the Day - Sadness Will Prevail
I have only gotten about 30 minutes in, I'm almost afraid to listen to the rest. Next time I have a 2-1/2 hour block to put aside, I shall.