New stuff that's really got my balls pumping...

markgugs said:
Well, there's an Publicity position open at CM right now as a matter of fact...you just need to live in L.A.

I would love to, but I have been advised by people working there that it hardly comes close to paying for the cost of living. Besides, Texas, no state income tax.

And I'm moving up quickly at my new job and I owe a lot of it to our website here. (More on that later staffers...THANK YOU!)

Papa Josh said:
Period, huh??

Are you sure? I just got a list of their upcoming releases from Mr. Vallee and NEVERMORE was not listed on that date...

If you're familiar with CM, you know that they have 2 publicists, who each handle different bands. Nevermore is not one of the bands in George's "stable."

bloodfiredeath said:
The Lewis Klitschko fight (shit decision though!)

Lewis looked old and tired. I think mentally, beating Tyson was his ultimate goal, and now its all pure $$. Even still, if there was a rematch, Lewis would probably win (learning from the mistakes that happened tonight) - but then he needs to retire gracefully.

markgugs said:
George doesn't handle Nevermore, Loana does.

Regardless of who their A & R guy or girl is at the label, all I'm trying to tell you is that I received a list of CENTURY MEDIA releases and they were not on it.

And yes, there were bands listed that George does not handle... most labels have more than one publicist, that doesn't mean when the label sends out new release info that they leave certain bands off....

Ok, this is starting to look like some sort of "I know better than you do" argument...

Not trying to go there, I just don't want to supply the public with incorrect info...

I'd like to see a Nevemore tour this year with Into Eternity - as originally hoped.

I need to see both those bands. IE more than Nevermore to be honest!

JayKeeley said:
Lewis looked old and tired. I think mentally, beating Tyson was his ultimate goal, and now its all pure $$. Even still, if there was a rematch, Lewis would probably win (learning from the mistakes that happened tonight) - but then he needs to retire gracefully.

I used to think Lewis was a classy fighter, but he was nothing but a bitch on Saturday who deserved to be booed. Whoever he fights next, whether it's a Klitschko rematch or Roy Jones, I hope he gets his ass whooped.

bloodfiredeath said:
I used to think Lewis was a classy fighter, but he was nothing but a bitch on Saturday who deserved to be booed. Whoever he fights next, whether it's a Klitschko rematch or Roy Jones, I hope he gets his ass whooped.

Whenever he fights bad though, he always comes back supreme. Look at Rahman and McCall. He came back with a vengeance each time. But he's 37 now! Age will catch up.

He deserved to get booed - but I think they made the right decision to stop the fight. That gash on Klitschko's eye was DISGUSTING! And the cameramen were trying to get right inside it! So Lewis got lucky.

If he fights Roy Jones, I think Jones could take him on points, but unlike Ruiz, Lewis has a masterful punch. Jones would have to win on jab points, and it would be a boring fight. And Lewis would need to knock him out, but the guy is quick! Lewis would have to catch him.

JayKeeley said:
Whenever he fights bad though, he always comes back supreme. Look at Rahman and McCall. He came back with a vengeance each time. But he's 37 now! Age will catch up.

He deserved to get booed - but I think they made the right decision to stop the fight. That gash on Klitschko's eye was DISGUSTING! And the cameramen were trying to get right inside it! So Lewis got lucky.

If he fights Roy Jones, I think Jones could take him on points, but unlike Ruiz, Lewis has a masterful punch. Jones would have to win on jab points, and it would be a boring fight. And Lewis would need to knock him out, but the guy is quick! Lewis would have to catch him.

Klitchko's eye was disgusting, but it was no more disgusting at the end of round 6 than it was at the end of 3. That's what bugged me. The doctor looked at him between each round, what was different after the sixth?

I do think agree that if Lewis is motivated, he should come back and kill Klitchko if there is a rematch. He's very talented. But his arrogance after the fight was laughable. He just got his ass kicked. I know that he wasn't going to admit that, but at least give your opponent credit.

I think his age is overrated, I think it's all mental. If he fights Jones, I'd love to see Jones win, but I don't know how someone could win a technical fight with such an enormous disadvantage in reach. Especially against someone as skilled as Lewis.

BTW, Larry Merchant is usually horrible, but his interview with Lewis afterwards was hilarious.

bloodfiredeath said:
I do think agree that if Lewis is motivated, he should come back and kill Klitchko if there is a rematch. He's very talented. But his arrogance after the fight was laughable. He just got his ass kicked. I know that he wasn't going to admit that, but at least give your opponent credit.

Agreed - there isn't a heavyweight in the same league as Lewis (when he's on top form). The rematch should be over in two rounds (the same way Corey Sanders made mincemeat out of kid brother Vladimir).

Did you think George Foreman was serious about coming back into boxing at age 55 (had Lewis lost)?

Boxing has become a joke. What happened to the good ol' days of grudge fights and less hugging in the ring? Even UFC has too many restrictions now, and all the fights end up in 'grapple' mode.

While I do agree that boxing is a joke, the last two fights I've seen (Lewis/Klitschko and Gotti/Ward 3) have been amazing. So I am starting to have some hope for the sport.

And no, Foreman can't be serious. But his rotisserie oven is sweet, so he can do whatever he wants in my book! :)

bloodfiredeath said:
While I do agree that boxing is a joke, the last two fights I've seen (Lewis/Klitschko and Gotti/Ward 3) have been amazing. So I am starting to have some hope for the sport.

The Gatti Ward trilogy beats Bowe v Holyfield and Ali v Frasier trilogies in my book. That's what it's all about: no money, no belts, no fame. Just the eye of the tiger....*cue music*

Papa Josh said:
Well, according to the band's website, it's the 29th, so I hope the date sticks. That's too damn far away!

The album is coming out on the 29th, barring last-minute FUBAR-type situations. We just got the promo a couple days ago. You'll all just have to wait for the review... *insert evil laughter*

Generally speaking, George handles 1/2 of CM's roster, the Olympic bands and some of the distro titles (like Hatesphere, which is on Scarlet Records out of Italy). Loana handles the other 1/2 of CM's roster, and all the Spinefarm/Spikefarm stuff (at least to date). Though changes are afoot at CM, near as I can tell.

JayKeeley said:
I'd like to see a Nevemore tour this year with Into Eternity - as originally hoped.

I need to see both those bands. IE more than Nevermore to be honest!

That would be a cool tour, but it ain't happening this year AFAIK. Nevermore is tied up in Europe until the fall, and then they have the main support slot on the Dimmu Borgir NA tour, which takes them into December. Maybe next year...