New talent?

IceDragonX

Schiavo Della Notte
Feb 17, 2003
Visit site
Anyone listening to a not so well known power or progressive metal band that they might want to pass along to me? Im a bit bored and Im always curious about new music.

IceDragonX said:
Anyone listening to a not so well known power or progressive metal band that they might want to pass along to me? Im a bit bored and Im always curious about new music.
If you haven't heard them yet, you might want to check out Dyecrest (www.dyecrest.com). I've had them stuck in my head for the past week now! :headbang:

Oh Jesus, I could give you about a dozen bands with incredible albums out:
1. Superior- Ultima Ratio
2. Tomorrow's Eve- Miracle of Creation
3. Dreamscape- End of Silence
4. Symphorce- Phorceful Ahead
5. Voyager- Element V
6. Poverty's No Crime- One in a Million, Slave to the Mind, and Chemical Chaos
7. Silent Edge- The Eyes of the Shadow
8. Platitude- Secrets of Life
9. Arachnes- Primary Fear
10. Celesty- Reign of Elements
11. Alkemyst- Meeting in the Mist
12. Allegro- S/T
13. Akashic- Timeless Realm
14. Comma- Elusive Dreams (I have an extra copy for sale if interested)
15. Cymoryl- Strange Evocation

That should keep you busy although some of these may be difficult to find...

nightwish58 said:
Oh Jesus, I could give you about a dozen bands with incredible albums out:

12. Allegro- S/T
13. Akashic- Timeless Realm
That should keep you busy although some of these may be difficult to find...
Just wondering, how did you get to know this fine brazilian bands?
the singer for Allegro is a very good friend of mine..talented dude!

Angrafan said:
Just wondering, how did you get to know this fine brazilian bands?
the singer for Allegro is a very good friend of mine..talented dude!
Wow, I think the Allegro album is one of the classiest albums I have heard. I had a few other relwases on Megahard Records that were not so good, but when I heard a clip from Allegro, I was floored!!! Great band; do you know if they are working on any other material?

As for Akashic, the are incredible as well. They remind me of Symphony X. I forgot how I found out about them, but I have a tremendous cd collection with many rare/obscure bands.

Another band I forgot to mention that is amazing is Arwen!!!! Holy shit, these guys are sick! I believe there are like 8 members to this band, and their sound is superb!

There's an Italian band I've been listening to quite a lot called Time Machine. I've only heard the latest album "Evil" but it impressed the hell out of me. The guitarist and singer are very good, but the rhythm section is what really blows me away. The bassist also does the keys on the album. It's definitely worth checking out.