New Tesseract

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Apparently not new but I just found this out :

It wouldn't be my favorite track from them, it's a little more traditional than the songs from their previous album (as in verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus oriented) but I dig it so far. It's the only band of this new wave of djent-ish metal I really like because djent riffs are not prominent and just serve the atmosphere, and I'd be glad it stays like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well yeah, Dan is a hell of a good singer ! But to be honest, they chose the right guy, keeping the overall style (clean / layering / ambience singing) the same, without sounding like trying to be a copycat. That was certainly not easy to find such a guy !

I really like these guys. Would love to play a show with them at some point. They do have djent elements, but it's not the only thing they're about. I like djent, but it can sound damn samey sometimes. These guys stick out for me.

Well it certainly isnt metal.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_471UV33v8&feature=plcp[/ame]

I couldn't understand how they filmed him driving with his eyes closed until I realized that they're British. :lol:

That's not the project I'm thinking of but it was kinda cool in it's own right!

I have high hopes for this new album, it's one of the very few emerging bands I really feel have something uncommon to propose.

About In Colour, I'm not too sure, this very song didn't blew me away, the songwriting is not so original... Could be awesome, could be boring. Dan is a hell of a nice guy btw, and a damn, damn hard worker around his voice, with the daily routine he has it's not surprising is one of the best performers out there

Ah man I adore Tesseract and Dan Tompkins. I fucking LOVED the Skyharbor stuff. Saw Tesseract in February last year when they still had Dan and it was fucking incredible. Can't wait to see them with Devin and Fear Factory on the 19th though. Gonna be massive.