New Theocracy Album Details & MP3

Matt Smith

THEOCRACY
Jun 11, 2004
Athens, GA
www.theocracymusic.com
Here you go guys, the details of the new album!

THEOCRACY
Return To Theocracy

Absolution Day
Petulant Child
Return To Theocracy
I Believe
Lightning Strikes Back
Forever the King
Omega Mirror
Onward and Upward
Life or Death
Seven

We can't wait for you to hear it, as we think it's a REALLY strong disc. Some people will probably complain about some of the new elements and influences, but we have to move forward and try to stay relevant. And of course when two new members join they'll add their own stamp to the sound as well. But don't worry, there's still plenty of the big catchy choruses and heaviness of the first album; we've just weaved some modern sounds in to make it interesting.
This album covers so many bases; that, to me, is what makes it special. From the infectious speed of opener "Absolution Day" to the killer slow mood groove of "Forever the King" (Seth and Shawn's first writing credits with the band) to the epic march of "Omega Mirror", we truly think it has something for everybody. Shawn and Seth even handled the vocals on closing track "Seven".
We put together a short preview clip for you to check out a few of the new tracks ("Seven", "Return to Theocracy", "Forever the King"). Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for supporting the band!

http://www.theocracymusic.com/mp3/Preview.mp3

Wow! That is exactly what I wanted Theocracy to be since I first heard your great songwriting skills! The debut was already pretty good, but this will be a true masterpiece!
Don't let narrow minded people change your mind and restrict your creativity.
Shawn and Seth can obviously add great things to it!

Today is the beginning of a new Theocracy era - and I'm sure it will last forever or a day ;)

Good work Matt, I am looking forward to the rest of the songs. Those guitar riffs were so brutal I think that my ears bled. And the break down on seven really showcases your vocal talent. Rock on brother \m/

And am I the only one that got chills with those lyrics? Rarely does someone write something so deep

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven... Seven is the number of perfection" = Brilliance!
:)

"Huaaaaaaarr
Gooooooo
C'mon c'mon c'mon come on!
C'mon c'mon c'mon come on!
One two three four fife six seven
Seven is the number of perfection!
Seven is the number for me!
Seven is the number of perfection!
Seven is the number for me!"

"...but I never knew it
I've got to find my way home
and open the gate - I can't wait
(unclear)
cause I gotta
(unclear)
go back
Return to Theocracy
The happy place for you and me
The only place I wanna be
is Theocracy - you see?"

"Forever (and ever)
Forever (and ever)
And you're forever the king
and I owe you everything
~ Repeat 8x ~"

HA! I didn't listen before your tipoff, but if I had listened yesterday, I think my feeling while listening would have been:

During Seven - a weird look on my face, wondering why it isn't better than this

During Return to Theocracy - I have to think I would have figured it out once hearing those electronic noises! Those were priceless :tickled:

FYI to all, I changed my ID from Wampa to SeaStorm, as SeaStorm is the name I use on all other music websites.

The song title thing is cool - I didn't realize it until someone found it out at the Christian Metal Realm.
Btw. I had the chorus of "Return to Theocracy" spinning in my head again and again today! o_O

Snert said:
Btw. I had the chorus of "Return to Theocracy" spinning in my head again and again today! o_O

Oh yeah, me too. Thsse three samples - eventhough cheesy - are way too catchy. I hope they go away tomorrow.