New Theocracy November 21st

PatrickHoyt

The Darkitecht
Jun 3, 2007
Daytona, Florida
Last edited by a moderator:
The year is definitely going out with a BANG! Just started spinning this one, and so far top notch as expected! Congrats to Matt Smith & Co. once again.

Love the band and have all their albums. Saw them in PP and really enjoyed them.

That being said... their name has always seemed quite strange to me. Does someone really want a theocracy at this point in time? I sure as hell don't... Since this is so close to reality in some of our countries it simply touches too close to home for comfort.

Love the band and have all their albums. Saw them in PP and really enjoyed them.

That being said... their name has always seemed quite strange to me. Does someone really want a theocracy at this point in time? I sure as hell don't... Since this is so close to reality in some of our countries it simply touches too close to home for comfort.

It's an obvious and enduring question -- why the name Theocracy? Essentially, the eponymous song on the first album answers the question -- it's not about living under a theocratic government, it's about the idea of "letting God rule" you and your life, specifically:

I take my crown and cast it down
Learn to grow, grow to be
A flesh and blood theocracy
burn away all I've been
To resurrect theocracy within

Awesome! I just finally got around to getting Mirror of Souls and I'm getting into it now...

Might hold off on this for a bit to give Mirror some good listens, but here's hoping for a new Xmas song too!