New THEOCRACY album!

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
For those that remember back in the good old days when Matt used to frequent around here, you might be glad to hear he has a new Theocracy album coming out!

Release details taken from their UM band page:

THEOCRACY: NEW ALBUM "AS THE WORLD BLEEDS" ANNOUNCED

The Athens, Georgia-based melodic metal band THEOCRACY will release their new album "As The World Bleeds" on November 25th in Europe through Ulterium Records and on November 21st in North America through Nightmare Records. The album will also be released as a double gatefold vinyl edition, strictly limited to 500 copies worldwide.

"As The World Bleeds" track listing;
01. I AM
02. The Master Storyteller
03. Nailed
04. Hide in the Fairytale
05. The Gift of Music
06. 30 Pieces of Silver
07. Drown
08. Altar to the Unknown God
09. Light of the World
10. As the World Bleeds

Check out an album teaser at YouTube: http://youtu.be/lRqVm0eLt68

"As the World Bleeds" can be pre-ordered through the Ulterium Records Store: http://www.ulteriumstore.bigcartel.com

Theocracy is heading to Europe for an eight date headliner tour starting October 21st that will take them through Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia and Czech Republic.

theocracy_artwork.jpg

theocracy_band.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How the fuck is Matt not getting more attention in the metal community for his vocals? I mean seriously, he crushes other singers that enjoy a LOT more media attention

How the fuck is Matt not getting more attention in the metal community for his vocals? I mean seriously, he crushes other singers that enjoy a LOT more media attention

+100000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's the subject matter? Maybe it's because I'm a musician, but I don't care if you sing about god or satan or atheism, as long as the music is good, I don't give a crap. Matt's pipes are godly (no pun intended). Seriously. I thought his contest entry for the Nevermore "obsidian conspiracy" contest was the best out of all of them.

Matt doesn't have the videos up anymore, but he used to have in-depth videos at how he tracked vocals and all the 30+ layers he puts into each part just to give it that HUUUUUGE massive choir sound. (and no, that isn't some choir synth/vst he's using.... he really does track all of those different parts and in each octave)

Here's one clip I found of him just playing through different parts... not as exciting, but what the hey. lol

His vocals got a lot better on this album from what I can tell by that Teaser. Production isn't as punchy as before but still sounds well done - can't wait to check out the entire thing.

Hey thanks guys, that really means a lot. :headbang:

I don't have time to post here too much these days, but I still try to get on and read when I can, and I always learn a lot. We're super-duper-stoked about this record, and we all feel it's something special. I hope those of you that dig this kind of music enjoy it.

Thanks again!

Hey thanks guys, that really means a lot. :headbang:

I don't have time to post here too much these days, but I still try to get on and read when I can, and I always learn a lot. We're super-duper-stoked about this record, and we all feel it's something special. I hope those of you that dig this kind of music enjoy it.

Thanks again!

Good hearing from you dude. Any other behind the scenes recording videos from the studio you can lay on us? You know we're information whores. :p

cool thanks matt! Did you do any kind of replacement on the drums, like for kick or snare on the album?

Also, what kinds of amps did you use? I see in some of your rehearsal vids one of your guitarists uses a Line 6, was that used?

Sorry for the delay! Just got back from Europe:

:)

Anyway, rhythms were a blend of my Marshall JVM through a Mesa Standard 4x12 and a Krankenstein through a Mesa Oversized 4x12. Mostly the Marshall, though. Signal was split to both amps while recording.

The kicks were samples I made from Shawn's actual drums in the session (five from kick 1, five from kick 2) blended with another sample or two for more low end, if I recall. The snare is mostly acoustic, with a little sample blended in for more attack.

I spent a long time on getting the best natural drum sound possible, and we're pretty pumped about the sounds on this record. Hope you dig it! :headbang: