THEOCRACY: "HIDE IN THE FAIRYTALE" VIDEO RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm well aware that you guys don't have a lot of money like the popular groups, but I still think that it could have been done a bit better. Maybe with a different director or something. The video as it sits isn't bad at all, just not exactly the way I would have gone with it :D

@Matt - Yes, I want to see Theocracy dressed up in chain mail & then singing as they walk down a crowded street. Note this will do absolutely nothing for Theocracy's popularity, nor make a good quality video. But since you asked, yes, I want to see that lol.

As to the video itself, I thought the Old Man was a nod to Metallica's Unforgiven, a contrast to the theme there. I, of course, was totally wrong on that count.

Syncing issues aside, the video is great, especially considering its their first one. Honestly, I was expecting something totally dumb that I would like simply because its Theocracy. Instead, we get something that is obviously professional quality, well executed, and most importantly does not embarrass the band but rather shows them off favorably.

I mean, just take a look at the majority of music videos. They are so bad, they make me cringe. They are either cheese filled non-sense, overly done, or try to be something they are not, a music video. There is the rare video that transcends its container (November Rain for example) but that is not simply a matter of budget, otherwise other GnR videos would be at that level... they are not. That goes for a lot of high profile bands with monster budgets.

Don't let it bother you Matt, when you guy's get huge (And we know you will) you guy's can order up million dollar video's. In a way this is all your fault Matt, you spoil us with your infallible writing and musicianship. We all come to expect something bigger than life itself with every release. :)

Maybe there are a few of us here spouting out negative comments about the video, but I think the main reason is we all as fans care about you guy's and want nothing but the best for you. In our minds you are already a huge success and are already on the same level as all those big bands.

I think you guy's have a great first music video and we all hope it brings Theocracy more support.

By the way, who play's the old man in the video?

Matt the answer is in your song "tower of ashes" , "you cannot serve two masters in oposing masterplan" ... you either give glory to God through your EPIC songs, or please the fans. As a normal person we cannot make everyone happy, and as a christian the probabilities are even less....About the video I liked it alot, as everyone say, Theocracy doesn't have a millonaire budget but even with a little budget you guys made a very awesome video, bands with 2, 3, 10 times or more the budget make very bad videos.
KEEP MAKING SUCH AN AWESOME MUSIC AND HOPE YOU RELEASE SOON A LIVE DVD! God bless you all! Im a big fan of Theocracy, from Mexico :)

I like it...and it was kinda obvious why there were no huge effects or some conceptual story going on.

Two of my friends (and their bands) made videos with their first albums in the past few months, and the one that focused on the playing looks awesome, the other has a cheese factor of twelve thousand.

I thought it was cool. Couldn't help but smile watching it like, "yea Theocracy got a video to watch". I thought it had the right amount of everything up in there, not too much of this or that. Switched camera angles and the scenes good pace. Thing didn't need some broadway play thing with lots of actors. (-_-) I thought it was just right and done good.

You don't need a big budget video, even if you can afford it.

How did I not notice that? I'm usually spot on with my grammar. As for Aish!'s post, 'except' doesn't need to be capitalized because it very well could have been a continuation of the same sentence. Although that might require periods to be placed before that word as well. Not sure.

I actually thought that the video was great, aside from the obvious syncing issues which did make it look unprofessional. I am relieved to hear that this is only a YouTube problem. Can't wait to see it as it was intended to be seen!

Wow, what a nice video! You guys really showed that one can make a good music video with a low budget. I mean, at least you didn't make a video similar to Kaledon's The New Kingdom :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's five minutes of my life I'll never get back... My favorite part was at 4:30 when he starts playing his sword like a guitar. I guess when you make a video with those lyrics, you can't avoid the cheese factor. Theocracy lyrics have no cheese factor, thus they released a superior video. :)

I can't believe a high profile actor like Christopher Lee would make such a fool of himself...

Edit:
Actually, I just watched an interview with him discussing his album, and now I understand: he sounds completely senile.

I can't believe a high profile actor like Christopher Lee would make such a fool of himself...

Edit:
Actually, I just watched an interview with him discussing his album, and now I understand: he sounds completely senile.

Correction, we can't believe he's done it more than once!

And here's probably the aforementioned interview:

Got to give him props for doing it though. Is it better to have metal'd once than to never have metal'd at all.

They just re-released it with fixed sync problems on to youtube. I hate to be that guy but it's still off a little. Better than before though.

Status
Not open for further replies.