THEOCRACY: "HIDE IN THE FAIRYTALE" VIDEO RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
THEOCRACY: "HIDE IN THE FAIRYTALE" VIDEO RELEASED

The Athens, Georgia-based melodic metal band THEOCRACY have released the music video for the track "Hide in the Fairytale" online. The track comes off the bands latest album "As The World Bleeds". The video was recorded in Orlando, FL under the talented eye of producer Dan Drescher.

Moderator edit: ***Video sync has been corrected and is at: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/theocracy/833088-theocracy-hide-fairytale-video-corrected-version-released.html***

The latest Theocracy album "As The World Bleeds" was released in Europe on November 25th through Ulterium Records, in North America on November 21st through Nightmare Records and in Japan on April 25th through King Records.

"As The World Bleeds" debuted at #40 in the Billboard Heatseekers Chart during the first week of release.

For more information on Theocracy;
Official website: http://www.theocracymusic.com
Official facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/theocracyband

I think that this thread is welcomed to negative opinions as well as positive so I'm just gonna say what's on everyone's mind before I get completely killed for having my own thoughts. I understand that Theocracy isn't exactly full of money (do they even make any profit?) but that doesn't mean that they can't have a quality video. This entire thing is pretty much out of sync and it ruins it. Other than that, I feel the video is sort of boring because it doesn't depict the song enough and even if it was just the band playing, it should have been more detailed on their specific instrumentation. Myabe I'm being too picky but I think this video isn't as quality as everything else that Theocracy has/is.

Great 1st video guys! Keep up your amazing work for the Lord; you are all so talented & such a blessing to me. Thank you for sharing your incredible talents!

Any plans of a "Live" DVD anytime soon.?!!

In Christ,
Rob

I really like the song, not a big fan of the video. I was not a big fan of this video guy's work to begin with. I am happy Theocracy did one, hopefully it helps promote their work.

The only thing in the song that's shown in the video is an old man. We don't have the "new man" or the struggle between inward good and evil. Just an old man. I would have liked it better if it was just the band "playing" the song. Also, I love that dark on white background stuff too. Best parts of the video.

Hey everyone, the band is aware of the synching issues. It's not the video itself; something happened in the YouTube upload process. They're working on getting it fixed. Trust me, the video itself has no problems (I've watched a non-YouTube version and it was perfect).

I'm not big on music videos, but I thought this one was OK. Like everyone else, I thought the dark on white parts were cool. It also helps that they're using a killer song for it. :)

And of course, I'm all for anything that helps promote the band.

When I first heard the song when I got the CD I had mental pictures of a hard working father maintainuing a household and looking after his family but has family issues. This just shows an old man that seems to have years of regret. It is an ok video - nothing great.

Um, you guys complaining about the "old man" in the video, do you not realise he's supposed to be the apostle Paul, agonising and writing about the struggle between old and new man? I guess that could be a problem for anyone who's banged their head one too many times.

I especially like the smoke/mist/dust (whatever it is) on the drums in the black and white shots.

Congratulations on a great job! May God bless it abundantly!!

I think some of these criticisms are unfair. I'm guessing some of this stemming from unrealistic expectations. Having worked on a metal video myself (both working on the full-day shoot as well as being privy to all of the financial numbers), I think you guys are expecting things that are outside the realm of possibility for a band like Theocracy.

I realize everyone wants a full story video, done expertly. That's simply not an option, unless one of you wants to be the band's wealthy benefactor :D Realistically, a "band playing" video is where the band is at for their first video. I like that they basically did a bonus here: they essentially did a "band playing" video, with two added aspects that made it, while not a story video, kind of a "theme" video: they added the white background shots to represent the Jekyll/Hyde & day/night part, and they added, as Aish said, the apostle Paul, agonising and writing about the struggle between old and new man, and while that part is fairly limited in scope, it's well done. Between the two, you get a lot better feel for the story than if they had done the "band playing" only video.

I've seen a lot of videos that try and go further with a full story and acting, on a limited budget, and it ends up looking like crap unless they spend the money to do a real, full-blown video with real actors. I guess if you'd rather just see the band playing and that's it, that cool, but I like that they gave us a taste of the theme, limited, but well done. I thought the Paul parts go with the story well.

I find the majority of people complaining about the old man part on Facebook (not saying you guys), don't even know what the song is about. Understanding the song and the Bible verses that support it makes a difference.

And as I said, the sync problems are NOT part of the video. It's YouTube related. They are working on fixing that and we'll have a corrected version, hopefully soon. It's a tricky problem.

I thought the video was excellent. I figured that the syncing was a youtube thing. For a band that is not extremely well known, doesn't get any radio time that I am aware of, pumps out a free video for us to enjoy in such a short period of time, I must say I am impressed. I have been part of video edits and they are a lot of work. I thought that focusing on the band for the video was a great idea and I did not think Paul/the old man/however you want to refer to him as did not detract from the video for me. After seeing Theocracy live, a video will never do them justice I must say. Thanks to Theocracy and all who were a part of the video making process, you guys rock!

I love how people seem to think we have a "November Rain"-sized budget to put together some kind of epic short film. I love all our fans, but I do wonder what planet some of them are on sometimes. Jason hit the nail on the head: for a band in our position, any conceptual video we could afford would look cheesy and cheap. So it's either a performance video, or no video. Unless you want this:

Or this:

Apologies about the sync issues...everyone is working around the clock trying to figure out what's going on, because the source file is fine.

Thanks for the kind words about the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.