New Theocracy Rehearsal VIDEO!!!

Matt Smith

THEOCRACY
Jun 11, 2004
Athens, GA
www.theocracymusic.com
Hello Friends--
We recorded a live, warts-n-all version of "Twist of Fate" from rehearsal the other day, and decided to share it with you. Warning, it contains all manner of rawness, everything from flying drumsticks to off-key vocals to instrumental flubs to blurry and very dark camera work, but hey, that's why it's rehearsal. But the vibe is there and it rocks and we were having fun, so I figured some of you would enjoy seeing it.
This will also serve as an introduction to the newest Theocracy member, bassist Seth Filkins! Seth is my cousin and great friend, and is very musically talented so I know he'll be a positive addition to the band.

Hi-Res Version:
http://www.theocracymusic.com/Twist_Hi.wmv

Lower-Res Version:
http://www.theocracymusic.com/Twist_Lo.wmv

The files are big.

Enjoy.

Wow, that was great! :hotjump:
I missed the multiple vocals at the end of the track though - perhaps you should learn ventriloquism, Matt :D

Good job kid. I didn't know You actually had a band behind You now. We'd heard that You did the debut album totally solo (which is mighty impressive).
Sounds like You all know how to do the basic microphone placement, sound routing, all that, very well. Good control of the gain and good chunk and palm muting. You choose a sound that's rich with harmonics but still has a deep bottom resonance and You can still hear the lead playing...the higher notes, really well. The drummer and bass player seem to naturally know where to jam within the riffs and melody You chose, which shows good artistry and good minds for the style.
Also, not many people today can sing lead and play rhythm and lead at the same time, and yet maintain a consistent passion (much less consistent pitch, since many people would tire out in the middle of a song that long) and power and freshness. Pretty good, man.
We liked the tones too, and the choice of EQ and how well the levels were coming in HOT but still controlled and not overpeaking all the time into distortion, except of course the guitar, which it's supposed to do a little. Also, the melodies You all like, they're not too repetative or droning. They really seem right for the lyrics You were singing, which were moving, and I'm sure lots of kids out there can relate to them in some way.
You show a great deal of professionalism and natural talent, good gifts from the Creator.

I don't know about this bassist, man, he's not swinging his hair around nearly enough. He needs to watch some old video of 80's Metal bands to get the movements down. The hair should be grown in enough by the time he's perfected it.

Sorry you guys, but I have to disagree with you about the hair thing! Sure, hair may look cool flying all around... however, bald guys can look just as cool. I like both. :)

dargormudshark said:
You guys need more choriagraphed headbanging, once seth has longer hair, if he wants that :D

Maybe he should stick to short hair. I think it suits him better. ;)

Wow, it's really cool to see someone interact with fans like this and let them see what's coming. I really liked your first album. So nice to have good, Christian metal around. Looking forward to what's next.