THEOCRACY ANNOUNCE NEW BASS PLAYER

Matt Smith

THEOCRACY
Jun 11, 2004
Athens, GA
www.theocracymusic.com
THEOCRACY ANNOUNCE NEW BASS PLAYER

We regret to announce that Theocracy bassist Seth Filkins has decided to leave the band to allow more time for his family and other pursuits. The split was 100% amicable and there are absolutely no hard feelings either way. “Seth will always be a great friend and a member of this band in spirit, because he’s supported and helped us in so many ways,” said Theocracy founder Matt Smith. “After some reflection, he just felt like things are about to go farther than he’s really prepared to go with it, and has decided to step down to devote more time to other things. I understand this completely, and I respect him for doing it now and not down the road when the timing could have been much worse.”

Seth prepared the following statement:
“Dear Theocracy Fans,
I regret to inform you that I will no longer be able to fulfill my duties as Theocracy's bassist. As we were nearing completion of the songwriting for the new album, I realized that Theocracy will go further than I am willing to go with it. My life goals do not currently mesh with "life on the road," etc. I am also currently building a house and am staying busy at work and just do not have as much time as is needed to devote to Theocracy. Matt and Shawn deserve someone who is equally as dedicated to the success of the band as they are. I leave with no bad feelings and wish nothing but the best for the rest of the guys! I know Josh is an excellent player and think he will be a good fit for the band (plus he looks and IS a whole lot tougher than me!). This was not an easy decision for me by any stretch of the imagination, but it's what I feel like is right for me right now. Thanks for your support of me and I hope you will continue to give your support to the rest of the guys. Prepare to be blown away by the next album!”

In order to keep things moving forward, Theocracy have already chosen Josh Sloan to be the band’s new bass player. Josh is an Athens, GA native who has been playing bass for years and comes from a musical background. “I’ve known Josh for quite a few years from school and church,” says Matt. “We kind of grew up in the same circles, although he’s a few years younger than I am. He’s a great bass player, but he also has a great singing voice so he’ll be able to take over the background vocals that Seth handled in a live setting. So far, he’s really put in the work to learn the material, and we’ve played a couple of shows with him that have gone well, so that’s pretty much what we’re looking for. Plus, he’s a big biker dude, so he can double as band bodyguard.

“This has actually been in the works for months now, but we wanted to wait until we had chosen our new bassist to make the announcement. Thank you all for understanding, and for sticking with us. We’re moving forward stronger than ever.”

Welcome Josh!

And congratulations on the smooth transaction ;-)

I think it's time for a new video teaser now :)

I'm glad the transition has gone smoothly, and i am sure the work Seth has put into the new album is terrific i thank god for him (in advance) and pray that god will bless Seth and his family. As for the new material i am getting more eager everyday.

Gods will be done. Amen.
God Bless you guys.
Anthony

Sorry to see Seth go, and I wish him every blessing.
Congrats to Josh & Theocracy and continued best wishes.

As for the pics....AWESOME.
Judging by the amount of visible sweat in the last pic, you guys clearly perform you butts off......:kickass:
(and probably smell after a show):zombie:

BTW Matt....I think it's wicked to see you still using the "skank" 5150 live. Looks like crap, but what a testament to Peavey.

Seth seems to have a great mind and strength of character. Having the foresight of knowing his future goals and what that may do to the band and future projects gave him incredible judgement. Many bands have been torn apart by members who didn't see their real goals and wanted to take the band with them.

Good luck and godspeed to Seth and his endeavors. The same goes for Theocracy and new bass player Josh (congrats, man!).

I can't wait to hear the final product, and I also hope to see you guys on tour someday!

Yeah, so I totally missed this thread and I watched the video with Jon and I was like, "That guy on bass doesn't look like Seth... Huh." So this explains something.

Seth, I wish you all the best! I love your playing and, like the others, really respect your decision to stay with your family and focus on them, because I know balancing that and a band can be very straining. Best of luck ni your future ministries.

As for Josh, welcome on board and I can't wait to see what all you bring! Glad to have you!