THEOCRACY: NEW DRUMMER ANNOUNCED

Georgia-based melodic metal band Theocracy is excited to announce the addition of drummer Patrick Nickell to the lineup. Patrick is originally from Nashville, TN, and brings 13 years of drumming experience to the band. His power and progressive metal background is a perfect fit for Theocracy, and the band is thrilled to see where this new musical union leads them.

Theocracy first met Patrick several years ago when he was a member of Nashville’s Oblivion Myth, and when the time came to begin searching for a new drummer, he was one of the first candidates they auditioned. It was immediately apparent to everyone that he was the perfect fit, both musically and personally. He has the skills to faithfully excecute all of the older material, while bringing his own brand of power, finesse and flair.

To offer the fans a small glimpse of what he can do, the band recorded a “live in-studio” performance of the As the World Bleeds track "“Nailed",” which can be seen below. Theocracy’s first live performance with Patrick will be a private show for the Make-A-Wish Foundation in late August, followed by Midweek Mayhem at the prestigious ProgPower USA festival in Atlanta, GA, September 10.

"Nailed" live in-Studio at YouTube:
Theocracy band photo 2014: http://www.ulterium-records.com/promo/theocracy_2014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video! Patrick sounds awesome, can't wait to see what comes next from you guys :).

Really excellent live performance, guys. I'm impressed. Now come play in Virginia.

Patrick seems to be a perfect fit for the band. I'm glad that they found someone who can play just as tightly as Shawn. Since I first saw Theocracy almost eight years ago, I thought that Shawn and Jared made a great rhythm section, and I feel that their chemistry helped to get more out of the remaining band members as they continued to hone their live performance. Based on what I'm seeing in this video, I think I could have closed my eyes and been none the wiser about who was playing drums. Kudos on your find, guys!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

It was a natural fit from the first song we played together. I'm looking forward to playing live and putting my stamp on the material!

Also looking forward to Mid-Week Mayhem at ProgPower! I've attended since '03 so it's a really cool thing to be opening up the festivities. I have rehearsed the entire Theocracy catalogue, so don't be surprised if we bring out a surprise or two!

Patrick

I like what I'm hearing. Seems like a good fit. I was bummed when I'd heard Shawn had left, so it's great to know that they've found someone with both the ability and the chemistry with the band.

Also looking forward to Mid-Week Mayhem at ProgPower! I've attended since '03 so it's a really cool thing to be opening up the festivities. I have rehearsed the entire Theocracy catalogue, so don't be surprised if we bring out a surprise or two!

How 'bout Skeletor Goes to Mars?:D

Hi ChristianRocker,

Yes - we have played O Come Emmanuel live several times.

There was a show back in the MoS days when we opened with Deck the Joy, and also played the Christmas Medley and Bethlehem in the set.

Last year, we played Wynter Fever in our December show

We like to throw them in when we can - so usually if we have a December show it's a good bet you could see one

Hi ChristianRocker,

There was a show back in the MoS days when we opened with Deck the Joy, and also played the Christmas Medley and Bethlehem in the set.

We like to throw them in when we can - so usually if we have a December show it's a good bet you could see one

What Jon said. ;)

Hi ChristianRocker,

Awesome. I love the Christmas songs, especially O come O come Emmanuel. In fact, I think that was the first song I heard by Theocracy which got me interested in the band.

Are you going to be jumping around the US soon or playing at the Big Ticket festivals?

Are you going to be jumping around the US soon or playing at the Big Ticket festivals?

After ProgPower next week, there are no plans set in stone. I think our goal is to focus on new material and listen to show offers as they come in. We spent the handful of rehearsals we had over the summer on preparing for the Make-A-Wish and PPUSA shows.