New to forum

nckissfan

Civil War reenactor
Jun 5, 2003
Browns Summit, NC USA
Visit site
Hey guys, I have been a fan of the band since I went to Powermad 1999 in Baltimore. I bought their cd on advice from this guy from Philly. Thanks to him, I am a fan. I love their music. I can't find their cds here in Charlotte, NC, so I will have to break down and order online for the new one. I hope the band comes touring my way someday.

nckissfan said:
Hey guys, I have been a fan of the band since I went to Powermad 1999 in Baltimore. I bought their cd on advice from this guy from Philly. Thanks to him, I am a fan. I love their music. I can't find their cds here in Charlotte, NC, so I will have to break down and order online for the new one. I hope the band comes touring my way someday.

Welcome to our Forum nckissfan!!!

It's very cool having you here. :)

Too bad your local shops don't carry the disc.... ya know, there are a few shops who carry Century Media product that can also get our CD as well. All you gotta do is ask them if they can get a hold of it, and most of them will order it for you. :)
Anyway... I'm really glad to hear you've been a fan since the beginning. :) Welcome to the board and feel free to post as much and as frequent as you'd like. :cool: Our home is your home. :Spin::Spin::Spin:

All the Best,
~D

thanks again Dave, you know when I ask to order stuff, the dumbass behind the counter looks at me like, who the hell is that. We used to have a good indie cd store. The guy that worked there was cool, turned me onto a lot of bands. They closed, so now I am a little lost. Charlotte sucks ass. No bands come here, hard to find cds. Hard to believe coming from a city that is as big as it is.

nckissfan said:
thanks again Dave, you know when I ask to order stuff, the dumbass behind the counter looks at me like, who the hell is that. We used to have a good indie cd store. The guy that worked there was cool, turned me onto a lot of bands. They closed, so now I am a little lost. Charlotte sucks ass. No bands come here, hard to find cds. Hard to believe coming from a city that is as big as it is.

Wow.... that's a bummer man. Fortunately we still have a few shops here that carry alot of great music...and a lot of hard to find stuff too. So I guess we should consider ourselves lucky here....heheh

Hell, 2 shops here even carry OUR stuff.... LOL I still get a kick out of it every time I see our CD in their bins....hehehe :Spin:

~D

I bet that is really cool. I called the only cd shop in Charlotte that I think would have it, and they won't even order it for me, so I will have to buy it online. I hate having to wait to hear good music, but if this is the case, I don't get much choice.

I play guitar myself, just putter around. What equipment do you use? I have a Ibanez S series, and an Ovation classic acoustic. My amp is a Line 6 spider. I like the Line 6's, they are pretty versatile. Who are your biggest influences?

Welcome to the forum, nckissfan! Powermad '99 was fun..Ken Golden got a laugh out of me having to buy PofO cds from him that year because Elevate was so crappy at getting them to us.. :lol:

I was wrong, it was Powermad 1998 that I was at. Where the hell was I? Anyways, that is when I first heard Power Of Omens. I got a three disc sound sampler from that one, that is why I know I was there.