New track

Sweetness!

Sounds good again, Sami! i love the little synth part round 0:55... toms sound good to me, kick really digs in around at that part round 0:20 and later again with the same part..
Favorite part being 3:20...

Im not sure if i like these drums better then your last two efforts... but it sounds good to me!

I haven't referenced it with any CD recordings when I mixed it and just now noticed that the bass guitar is really underrepresented in most of the song. It's only full in the 3:20 break part.

Gonna remix that now ...

Noumenon said:
only thing I dislike is the snare.
what the chain for the bass?

What is it you dislike about the snare?

Bass:

Esh 6-String into Mindprint Envoice Preamp into M-Audio Delta 66.

Then I used Voxengo Boogex with the "Dark Plastic Preset" as Insert 1 and Waves RComp (Threshold: -10,8, Attack: 16, Release: 160, Gain: 4.3) as Insert 2.

EQ1: -24db, 60Hz, Low Shelf
EQ2: 2.2db, 157Hz, Q=2.4
EQ3: 1.7db, 541Hz, Q=1.5
EQ4: off

Hope this helps.

On the break part with the synth pads, it's the same bass, just no Boogex and no EQ at all.

smy1 said:
What is it you dislike about the snare?

Bass:

Esh 6-String into Mindprint Envoice Preamp into M-Audio Delta 66.

Then I used Voxengo Boogex with the "Dark Plastic Preset" as Insert 1 and Waves RComp (Threshold: -10,8, Attack: 16, Release: 160, Gain: 4.3) as Insert 2.

EQ1: -24db, 60Hz, Low Shelf
EQ2: 2.2db, 157Hz, Q=2.4
EQ3: 1.7db, 541Hz, Q=1.5
EQ4: off

Hope this helps.

On the break part with the synth pads, it's the same bass, just no Boogex and no EQ at all.

what ratio on the comp?

Good sound!

The guitars sound great. The kick too.
But you can work a little bit on the snare ;)

What are the drums here? Superior?

What's the synth? It's good too

and the bass in teh laste version is where it has to be

Great song! The chord parts in the song seem to ring out with really clean string separation, but still a killer distortion. I'm curious about what guitar/pickups/amp and the method you used to record the guitar tracks.

Coprosatanica said:
Great song! The chord parts in the song seem to ring out with really clean string separation, but still a killer distortion. I'm curious about what guitar/pickups/amp and the method you used to record the guitar tracks.

Thanks. I recorded 2 tracks of rhythm using my Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite with the standard pickups. Actually I have no idea what those pickups are. The strings are 10-52 and they are friggin' old, probably 6-8 months. The 2 tracks are panned hard L/R.

I used my recently acquired POD XT for the guitar sound, but don't ask me which sound I used, cause I didn't write it down ...

The high notes in the chorus are 2 additional tracks that are panned at L=75 and R=75.

Bass = see a few posts above.

ReliXKeepeR said:
Good sound!

The guitars sound great. The kick too.
But you can work a little bit on the snare ;)

What are the drums here? Superior?

What's the synth? It's good too

and the bass in teh laste version is where it has to be

Yea, snare is a bit low in the mix. Also (as some ppl pointed out) it sounds quite thin. I've had this problem with DFHS that the snare always sounds thinnish when I mix it, but I think I just need to work on the frequencies some more.

Drums are DFHS with added custom samples in snare, kick and toms. So it's basically a custom set, haha.

The short synth is ReFX Vanguard with a selfmade sound. The pad synths are Spectrasonics Atmosphere and Absynth 2.0! I mainly do electronica/ebm (www.faderhead.com) so this is what I am better at ...