New tube amp for home recording and live use

Andmir

Metalhead
Feb 26, 2012
NORWAY!
Im looking to buy a new tube amp, i play metal to death metal so i really want a "dark" heavy sounding amp. I don't really have that much of a budget, so i have been thinking about these amps:

Mesa boogie mark V
Diezel vh4/herbert
Fryette sig x

Do u guys which one that will sound the best at low volumes to do home recording? The problem for me is that i have no possibility to test these amps.
btw new to the forum :D

Im looking to buy a new tube amp, i play metal to death metal so i really want a "dark" heavy sounding amp. I don't really have that much of a budget, so i have been thinking about these amps:

Mesa boogie mark V
Diezel vh4/herbert
Fryette sig x

Do u guys which one that will sound the best at low volumes to do home recording? The problem for me is that i have no possibility to test these amps.
btw new to the forum :D

Scratching my head too which tube amp to buy for rehearsals.. playing in metal genre (rock.. / to black..) Why these 3 brands? how about Marshall, Fender, Bugera, Randall, etc..? (checking at thomann.de)

Peavey 6505s are used on a TON of metal recordings and are much cheaper than the three amps you listed. I would try not to spend to much on an amp you can't test out yourself.

Another vote for 6505. It's a classic for Death Metal - the resonance knob adds a ton of cabinet boom for heavy palm muted riffing! You can actually pick up the combos for fairly cheap. Should still be plenty loud and you can always plug it into a 4x12 for gigging/recording.

Rob