New Tubes on my amp, and adjusted bias, Holy Sh...

Sep 8, 2005
Damn, i friend and i just opened my amp (B-52 AT100) to adjust the Bias and Change tubes (JJ`s), and holy crap, the amp sounds amazing!!! it´s a totally new amp.

Now is more responsive, fuller, clearer, no Fizz, and Louder!!! im daring to say that now is even closer to a Dual Rectifier, much closer.

also:
Retubed B-52 AT100 > Peavey 5150.

Totally, hands down, both sound different, but now th b52, is bolder, more open and full even with the low-res at 0, than the 5150, now i know i need to do the bias mod to the fiddy and adjust its bias.

Cleans, fuck they are just beautifull.

I can´t stress enought to recommend this amp to anyone who want a Pro amp, superior tone, for cheap, really, leave behind that "it`s a mesa clone fuck it" attitude, this thing can stand next to a dual rectifier (sorry Marcus, haha) if you now how to threat it, even if you buy the amp new, and buy new tubes, you will have a highly competitive sound for half the price of the mesa, im talking about new, i bought mine used and with the new tubes it costed me $570, but it sound like a $1300.

This sound like a Harmony Central Review haha, but im really surprised and happy.

We recorded a comparison between old tubes and new tubes, but is not a fair comparison, because we moved the mic position and changed the settings, so im not feeling like posting it.

also, is built like a tank, i have more than two years with it, and i gigged a lot, i rented it several times, lended it, moved it from place to place, it has rough roadie like threat and again, it was already used when i buyed it (has a lot of dings on the tolex), and still is 100% functional. Reliable as hell.

Next Target: Bugera 333xl :headbang:

We will gonna start to record a band tomorrow, and we are using the amp and the 5150.

We now are working on mic positions and stuff, we haven´t found a mic position to be happy with, but i think we are close, im felling the we need to use two sm57 or something.

I definitely will post some clips just having a nice recorded tone, but in the room, it fucking slays!!!