New Tune! Hard Rock/Metal

Loving that guitar sound, very 80's. Whats the chain?

Tune is pretty cool, vocals are spot on!

I feel the vocals would benefit from a thick verb or delay, and maybe there's a bit too much high mid stuff in guitars. guitars might be masking a lot of elements here, drums need to be heard more, maybe turn guitars down a bit?

other than that, it sounds like it has potential to be a very solid song. kinda gives me a poison-era Alice Cooper vibe, which is good!

@RichS: thanks. Poulin Legion->Voxengo Boogex->Reafir(EQ)->ReaXcomp(Andy C4 settings)

@Sloan: thanks. there was a funny vid down in "Off-Topic Tavern" in the "ITT funny pics" thread last week about "shit guitarists never say". funny - but sadly true. one of them was "those guitars should probably come down in the mix". :lol: being the guitarist and guy that mixes our stuff - i try to be aware of these things - but it never fails to creep up on me. i'll have another listen - and take a close look at the Eq. thanks!

I would really like to know your EQ settings and what impulses you used on guitars.

I would really like to know your EQ settings and what impulses you used on guitars.

sure. here's a pic of the chain. let me know if it's not legible enough to see.

the pulse is from a guy over on the "Guitar Amp Modeling" forum called Brohymn. most people know that name if you're big into impulses. he's a God in my book. he doesn't do them anymore (that i'm aware of). sad. i got a hold of 9 he did about 3 or 4 years ago. you don't hear about them too often. i've been collecting impulses for years now. pretty sure i have everything that's ever been handed out free - and these are still the best. pretty impressive when you consider that includes over 15,000 impulses! if you want them, PM me.

guitar_chain.jpg

Sent you a PM on the impulses. If you could PM me, or make bigger pics of the chain that would be awesome as well, I appreciate it!