NEW ULVER VIDEO FOR THOSE INTERESTED

Don't know about the new album though. It's good no doubt, but not what I was expecting, as is par for the course for this band. Have to give it a few more spins I think. Oh, and yes, the video is great, but the one for Limbo Central or whatever it was is a little better I think.

i've been watching that video constantly since i first downloaded it the other week. i listened to all the soundclips for the new album and without even hearing full songs, i already consider it a frontrunner for album of the year. ulver is one of those rare bands that never disappoints.

also, to deliverance6, how did your roommate get a special edition signed cd? i don't really care about a signed one, i just want to get my hands on the album ASAP and it isn't supposed to be out for another month or two. i'm assuming he got it through some kind of connection he has to the band, but if that's not the case, i'd love to know where i can find it right now. thanks

daebreak80 said:
i've been watching that video constantly since i first downloaded it the other week. i listened to all the soundclips for the new album and without even hearing full songs, i already consider it a frontrunner for album of the year. ulver is one of those rare bands that never disappoints.

also, to deliverance6, how did your roommate get a special edition signed cd? i don't really care about a signed one, i just want to get my hands on the album ASAP and it isn't supposed to be out for another month or two. i'm assuming he got it through some kind of connection he has to the band, but if that's not the case, i'd love to know where i can find it right now. thanks

HEy man- this is D6's roommate and I got it through a conn. I made with the guys @ Jester records through a band called Bogus Blimp- check em out- The album will be out soon, but I dont know if they will dist. the red velvet ones like I have.....

The video is very disturbing as is the song, I like it. I don't think anything will top the Themes cd (or bergtatt for that matter) but the new one is different, it's nice to see Ulver write some coherant material again.

wow that video is awesomely bizarre...i'll admit that's the first post-bm ulver song i've heard, strange considering how big a fan i am of the first three...too many albums on my "to buy" list :ill:

can anyone give me a valid link for that video please? I could not find one myself :yell:

I'd really like to see it :hotjump:

Is the video really new? Blood inside went out in 2005.
I personally don´t like it much. I´t has a good point but visuality/animatoin doesn´t work for me.

The album has some cool moments, but the song they did the video for, It's not Sound, isn't so great. Especially the fragment at the end taken from J S Bach's Toccata and Fugue BWV 565 in D minor doesn't work well. It sounds much better on organ (or even piano) than the keyboard and the whole thing just does not match the rest of the song. I have the album on vinyl but I mostly play the first song and then flip to play the song Operator. I like basically everything Ulver has come up with after Perdition City (the previous stuff is superb - esp. Nattens Madrigal - but different), but this one was a bit disappointing. I thought I would get used to it the way I got used to the Silence EP's but still haven't managed to do it. I'm sure it's going to better next time. Hopefully they will release the remake of Nattens Madrigal they were talking about back in 2004 :)

I agree with Derbeder, though I'd add that in my oppinion Blood Inside is overproduced, beyond any sense and without direction or aim, each song is like ten songs in one, in other words and with other weapons they did the same when natten's madrigal was released, nowadays it is not raw blackmetal but it is like aphex twin without genious, too much pretentious as usual but this time I think they failed, though the I really like the video and with Christmas, it is not sound songs are worthy.
the new band involving Rygg is headcontrolsystem and it blows you away! amazing!, it is like the sexy voice by Rygg in Blood Inside but with a clear aim, and they make it great this, so for ulver fans, and Mike Patton you'd like this new band