new video for a (fairly) recent mix of mine - check it out guys

http://ourzonemag.com/oz/lecarla-video-exclusive

posted the mix a while back in the rate my mix section, quite a few guys liked the song. the video was put online yesterday, the bands really improving all the time and the guy directing the video seems to getting better and better too.

the band is called lecarla (from milton keynes), and the video's done by Lawrence Hardy who has some pretty big bands under his name (enter shikari, you me at six, young guns, we are the ocean) as well as other bands i've worked with (floods, don broco, none the less).

The song isn't the kinda stuff I usually listen to, but I found myself enjoying it none the less...nice mix too btw.

IMO the theme for the video is kinda cliché, but having said that it seems very well put together and edited.

Thanks for sharing anyhow

I think the mix sounds great and I dig the music too. I don't know about the vocals though. It's not bad singing, but it is all sang in same manner for the whole song and becomes less interesting.

The mix is legit though.

If I recall correctly you were studying mechanical engineering in school a few years ago, but wanting to just work producing muisic. How did that work out, are supporting yourself producing bands like this?

sounds way too heavy compared to the actual music, but it's nothing bad, the song benefits out of this! :)

Ed this is awesome, I remember you telling me about the tracking process for this a bit back.

Mix is SUPER fitting, esp the guitar tone. Drums sound great, too, nice mix of poppy but almost metal.

Songwriting is a bit cringeworthy at moments, but the subtle metal elements they throw in kind of rule... might have to start doing that with my band's new material. :lol:

thank you people. tried a ton of amps for guitar sound, and i wasnt happy untill i got some marshall love in there.

ended up with JVM and mesa oversized cab, guitars were a tele with some duncan humbucker in it and an esp with stock pu's. both were very bassy which somehow worked best with marshall over anything else.

haha yeah, IMO if you're going to get a video done then why get anything other than a bird who is fit as fuck. id probably put like 90% of the budget on getting a stunning supermodel though hahaha

but the production of the song was my only involvement with these guys.

thank you guys!

Really liked the mix, great work Ed!

The singer is wearing a The Arusha Accord t-shirt, pretty cool.

Dude this is a really awesome production, good job. So much talent coming out of MK these days ain't there? Seems to be a bit of a hot-spot.

sounds way too heavy compared to the actual music, but it's nothing bad, the song benefits out of this! :)

Couldn't disagree more man, I think it's totally fitting. It's not "heavy", it's just "big".

...but the subtle metal elements they throw in kind of rule...

+1, that double-kick part came out of fuckin nowhere :lol: but it didn't sound out of place, which was awesome.