new warrel dane song! it sounds awesome!

I like the song a lot and I´ve always been a fan of his type of lyrics. Warrel might not be the most technical vocalist on the planet, but he sure as hell knows how to deliver emotions!

I'm just gonna quote what I already said on the Neverboard:

First Impression:
Wow, Warrel's voice sounds so different through parts of the verse. And yes, the chorus is great.

Man, that guy could really recite a phone book backwards and it would sound awesome!

The inevitable comparison with Soilwork:
In my not-so-humble opinion, this poppy song alone, after only four listens, smokes everything Soilwork ever put out.

There are just few artists out there who can grab you emotionally by the balls like Warrel is able to. :worship:

About Jeff Loomis' solo:
I literally had to listen to this 5 times to really notice the solo at all. Yes, it does flow really well with the song, but I don't find it to be very memorable. I think it would have been better if he was playing a few notes less in the second part, so that the melody doesn't get buried. The solo is a nice addition to the song but it doesn't really matter in the end.

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to hear James Murphy's solo. I like how he often integrates these nice little hooks and harmonies in the solo that keep sticking in your hand.

IMO just because there are not 1 billion notes being played über-fast, doesn't mean that this isn't a typical Loomis solo. In my ears, construction-wise, this doesn't sound so much different than what you'll find on the last records. Double the notes between the bars and... ta da... there's your perfectly suited DHIADW solo.

To me, this is basically a pretty random Loomis solo (and "random" meaning in Loomis-universe --> it puts 99% of the players out there to shame).

The solo is Loomis. We tracked it at my house and sent Peter the DI tracks. It's funny thinking he was sitting on my bed when he played it:lol:

How many takes? ;)

Please say something like 50! :lol:

Haha, well he didn't really have anything extremely specific worked out, so we did probably 5 or 6 takes that were a little different in parts, and then we just comped together the best parts. That very last upward bend thing I immediately thought was perfect for the song and for that transition, but it took Jeff a couple listens before he decided that he liked it too, haha.

That very last upward bend thing I immediately thought was perfect for the song and for that transition, but it took Jeff a couple listens before he decided that he liked it too, haha.

That bend really is perfect for the song! When I first heard the solo, this was sticking out the most.

Peter did capture Jeff's tone pretty well I think (with the reamping).

Yeah, I guess it is pretty good, and the solo (is it all Loomis?) is freakin' spectacular - but GOD DAMN do I hate his voice, jesus...get off the broadway stage