New Within Temptation single

The song is...OK. Nothing great, but not god awful. I've heard FAR worse on the radio when riding back from the airport in a limo, for example.

I do greatly enjoy WT's music, but I really don't think I'd enjoy a whole disc of this.

And as far as a song that should have broken them into the mainstream, they already recorded it:

dt

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an outstanding song. Absolutely amazing. No, it's not metal, but being a pop fan I can appreciate this.

Within Temptation, IMO, is just an okay metal band, but an amazing pop band. This is really where their talent is utilized best.

3.4 million copies of Heart of Everything sold seems to indicate that they are taking their sound exactly where they need to. Edguy could learn a thing or two about the right way to transition out of metal.

I've watched Black Symphony for the first time recently and was blown away! I'd put that live DVD up against any other, period. Within Temptation can't do any wrong in my eyes.

~Brian~

I've watched Black Symphony for the first time recently and was blown away! I'd put that live DVD up against any other, period. Within Temptation can't do any wrong in my eyes.

~Brian~
I totally agree with the first part of this statement. I think "Black Symphony" is one of the best DVD's I've ever seen. As for WT's direction, I don't mind a little poppishness, but I wish they'd lean back a little more towards the darker metal aspect they once owned. I think Delain's pop elements are better than WT's.

Have on fear on that single -- its actually quite good and fits in with the rest of the acoustic disc.

The whole disc itself is excellent -- quality WT from start to finish. Most of the material comes from the last few discs, and the "unplugged" show is great.

Sharon sounds fantastic as always -- just be warned that this IS an unplugged show, and there isn't a heavy moment on it.

I think it's a great song to get a wider audience to notice them.

That said, there's a reason I don't listen to the radio anymore, and it's because I have heard numerous songs similar to this one.

But I guess as long as WT doesn't go all Lady Gaga on us, it's okay. ;)