new years resolutions

1) Start a Shania Twain Tribute called "Shania's Twin". I won't be playing an instrument in the project... but I'll play the role of Mutt Lange.
Believe it or not, there IS someone in Canada who does that. I can't remember how I found her. She goes by the name Shania Twin, since she looks whole lot like Shania, albeit not quite as well made-over.

Oh let's see, did I bother with a list? Sorta.

1) I haven't been able to keep my Italian temper in check for the last 34 years, so things ain't looking likely to change on that front. :) Hell, I'm Italian AND an Aries (b'day is 2 days after Wanda's). A Starbucks espresso has no effect on me.

2) Lose weight. Yeah, what's new?

3) Find a better job. Self-employment had its perks but I miss having co-workers.

4) One I've kept: disconnect myself from EverQuest. That damn game consumed too much of my life. Heck, my name here is the name of my enchanter.

5) Find better outlets for music. Music Choice on digital cable at this point is the best bet. Their metal channel is pretty good.

6) Try to bump into Neil Peart here in his new home town of Santa Monica at least once. :) Given his discomfort around fans, I'm not sure if it would go very well, though.

7) Get back into music journalism. Hell, most of the bands I interviewed in the late 80s are still around. Writing about computers gets seriously boring after a while.

1. practice more
2. manage my time better
3. stay healthy
4. get a cab for my truck or a sport utility vehicle. Jen and Bill have "saved" me a couple times this year by letting me (and my gear) carpool w/them when it was raining (I have an open-bed truck).

W :)

P.S. A show w/Hangar 18 would be cool in Feb if it can be arranged. I'm always up for seeing other female musicians in action!

Originally posted by Steph Harris
1. practice more
2. manage my time better
3. stay healthy
4. get a cab for my truck or a sport utility vehicle. Jen and Bill have "saved" me a couple times this year by letting me (and my gear) carpool w/them when it was raining (I have an open-bed truck).

W :)

P.S. A show w/Hangar 18 would be cool in Feb if it can be arranged. I'm always up for seeing other female musicians in action!

You could always just get a leather/velcro bed cover or something... should a shell be too much hassle.

When it comes to gear (electrical equipment etc.) ther eis NOTHING like having a hard shell on your truck. My beloved Toyota of 13 years finally took a massive DUMP on me several months back and without time to think I had to buy myself a new truck. I got one with a shell on it and life has gotten SO MUCH EASIER sinse. Wanda, get yourself a shell. Tarps just aint gonna cut it!

1. Get a hold on my temper. Nah, everyone else is wrong and they're not going to improve, so why bother?

2. Get a girlfriend. Shhyeah, right! Like that'll happen! I'm a realist and I know that women aren't attracted to this ugly mug. And, until I get into a higher income bracket, I know that the women aren't going to be flocking to me.

3. Sing for a band. Hmm...maybe?

4. Play more gigs. Well, I would need a band that is working then, wouldn't I?

5. Stop calling the bitches, "Ho." :saint:

6. Have more patience with children.

You know, all of these resolutions are really ridiculous. Who am I kidding?

Originally posted by smylex

You know, all of these resolutions are really ridiculous. Who am I kidding?
That's too funny dude!
18.gif

I think mine are to eat more red meat, stop working out, start smoking, and gain as much weight as I possibly can...
55.gif

MEL! Can you pick your friends' noses if they only have one nostril!?!?!?! Been a while, eh? Holas to my Metal Sis's! For those who are wondering, our lil' CD will be done soon and the Arti peeps will be out there gigging again.

Resolutions:
1) Play more than 4 shows this year
2) Be more PATIENT!! man, already broke that one
3) Pay off my credit card?!
4) Quit "trimming" my hair and get it looonnnngggger!
5) Why does anyone care?
6) Shred more than ever before.
7) Stop being such a lagger. (good luck)

Speaking of which, I should get to doing other things now instead of being a GEEEEK!!! Sooo keep in touch, peoples!

Ana

http://www.artisanmetal.com