New York - from a European point of view

"I'm sure men wore long hair way before that.. I highly doubt that the earliest of civilizations saw it fit to chop off the part of their body that was growing out of their head. The tampering of hair is really an Anglo-European concept, by nature."

I meant to say "wearing their hair short in the past 200 years". Because all of the early presidents had long hair, and eventually it went outta style...or what.

Before we came to America, we all wore our hair long. I know society sees it as unsuitable, that's just how it is....and it sucks.

I mean, of course some people wore it short like Romans...but all of Northern Europe like Germanic countries always wore theirs long.

Anyway, I refuse to cut mine. If I was going in for an interview, I've tie it back nice and neat and be clean shaven, I don't look bummish at all. Maybe put on some fake glasses to look sophisticated even.

I didn't mean to sound so flamish against cities. I've lived in one, Houstin is terrible. You gotta learn Spanish to speak with a bunch of illegal crime causing immigrants.

Whenever you go to places that are more country'ish like Austin there is less trash like immigrants and ganstaz(even though it's a city, surrounding it are nice towns that aren't redneck at all). And because it's a more expensive area to live in...oh well.

The Poona of Peshwa said:
I think short haired people headbanging looks retarded.

Haha, I had my hair in a pony tail at opeth show and I was headbanging, didn't feel like taking it out because it's a mess. So I was looking stupid like the short haired guys wearing baseball caps :/

Oh there was smoking at the NYC show...I smelt it at one point...pot. Someone definitely got under the radar. I was in the center front'ish.

Yeah, a bunch of early to mid teens were around me, jumping and headbanging like idots. They have no sense of rythm, or sense of the songs themselves. Sometimes I wonder just how much they've actually heard of Opeth.

I gave my reactions to this show in another thread, but I'll say it once again. The sound reproduction was more distorted than it had to be. I actually like listening to individual notes on a guitar, at least more than being bombarded with overbearing noise.

But the jokes and banter from Mikael was entertaining for sure. :D

As a person living in NYC for 10 years and originally from Poland, I have to say NYC sux for metal. The metal community here is next to non-existant. Most of the kids that claim to be into metal don't even know what metal music is.

its a town filled with clubbers, hip-hoppers, and posers, all equally lamers.

and trying to find decent metal musicians here is next to impossible.

Dhein said:
Anyway, I refuse to cut mine. If I was going in for an interview, I've tie it back nice and neat and be clean shaven, I don't look bummish at all. Maybe put on some fake glasses to look sophisticated even.
Good one, you almost had me fooled.

Then I saw that today was your 19th birthday. So...happy birthday, and good luck when you get to the real world.

Bieng sarcastic?

You know probably 80% of computer programmers have long hair and can goto work in shorts and slippers. Just depends on the job I guess.