@ New Yorkers

Angrafan

Feb 26, 2002
South Florida
Visit site
Hey there fellow New Yorkers!

I will attend the The Gathering show at Lamours on february 14th... I will be flying from Miami for that show and I was wondering if there are any hotels in the area...

I might stay at a friend's house.. The problem is that he lives in CT... If things don't work out, I will have to stay in a hotel!

Thanks in advance! :)

Well, there's of course a shitload of hotels in New York City, the problem is all of them are really expensive. I'm sure you could find a reasonable fare by going to hotels.com or one of those similar websites, though. L'amours is in a fairly sketchy area of Brooklyn, so there's not much going on in the immediate area in terms of hotels.

I found some pretty good deals, actually! Hotels for like 70 bucks... I just wondering if there was any hotels around the area... Cause I bet I will be dead tired after the show..
Since I can't miss work/school on friday, I am catching a flight saturday morning (the day of the show)....

Well wherever the hotels you found are, I'm sure you can access them by subway, which runs 24 hours in New York (unlike the public transportation of some lame-ass southern cities which will remain nameless *COUGH*). So even if you're dead tired, you won't have to worry about any lengthy walks back to the hotel...just stay awake on the subway so you don't wake up in harlem.

"there are no hotels in brooklyn, at least not anywhere near L'Amour. There's a whore house "hotel" in Sheepshead bay but u DONT wanna go there I guess ;).......and it's NOT CLOSE to the club anyway.
Although......there is a newer one somewhere, it's either Comfort Inn, or a Best Western, in Bay Ridge on 4th or 5th ave and 70 something street
It's an old apartment building, cheap too and you can get to L'amours easily........and to all the bars ;) "

Quote --> my friend Sherry who lives very close to l'Amours and knows the area by heart in case you wonder why you get such a detailed answer from Germany of all possible countries ;), I asked her