Newb here...looking for constructive help

redwng1

New Metal Member
May 27, 2012
Hey folks,

Been a musician my whole life and started recording on my own. I have a few things that I just put up on Sound Cloud, and would really like to get some people to listen, and offer feed back. I thought I would post here and see if any of you veteran's might give me some constructive criticism. All my tracks are rough, and I think I am getting better each time...but always looking for ways to improve.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd start by double tracking all your rhythms and panning them L&R rather than just having the one right with a lead part being in the left now and again, that will give you a bigger sound straight away.

Firaxis - Appreciate the response. I just want to make sure that I am understanding what you were saying. Are you saying that I should have more than 2 rhythms tracks panned L&R? I had panned (1) L - 80% and (1) R - 74%, and (1) lead is centered but not doubled.

I hear 1 panned right for the entirety and the other on the left comes in occasionally playing different parts on the right. It sounds odd and distracting like that, usually in metal the same or similar rhythm parts are played panned 100% left and right. Search double tracking or quad tracking in the sneap search and you'll get all the info you need.