Newbie here!!!

The Man In Black

Stallion of the Highway
Aug 8, 2005
Great Britain
Hello to my fellow metal maniacs and Saxon fans!!

As a longtime fan of Saxon I cant believe its taken me so long to find this place!! Nevermind Im here now!!! Looking forward to many discussions with you all on this very cool forum!! :headbang:

With an introduction like that, it gives me great pleasure to be the first to welcome you to the forum!!!!

:headbang::headbang:WELCOME TO THE FORUM:headbang::headbang:

btw: The Man in Black, is that a reference to the awesome Halford tune 'Silent Screams' ???

"
The man in black
I'm coming back to spew my evil hate.
My crown of horns and bloody thorns
I'll dig up what you fear.
"

I reckon Johnny Cash is cool - he certainly had a dark soul of Rock 'n' Roll!! He was the certified 'Man In Black'!

But, could you have taken the name from a certain novel? There is an entity named Randall Flagg and he was portrayed as 'The Man In Black'.

Anyhoo - all I know is that it is a Bloody Cool name! Welcome to the forum, my Good Man!!

This thread should be renamed to 'guess where my nickname comes from' or something lol

Lol, i cant believe this, i was just on Google searching "The Man In Black" for clues!! .....Nothing so far though......:loco:

valanx said:
Lol, i cant believe this, i was just on Google searching "The Man In Black" for clues!! .....Nothing so far though......:loco:

How about The "Milk Tray" Man? Didn't he dress all in black? :)

By the way Valanx, I too used to make words on my upside down calculator ;) And I do indeed "listen to Saxon" :)

Sammi951 said:
I too used to make words on my upside down calculator

I never had an upside down calculator......Instead i would have turn the one i did have (that was the right way up) upside down......:Spin:

Mad Dan McCafferty said:
Did the Omega man not also wear black? remember him, he had a watch and could go invisable for like 5 mins or summit!!

God thats going back a few years mate...I can just barely remember that, i must of been like 6 or 7 when it was on c4 (i think!) at first i thought you meant the film with Charlton Heston, cool film...Think he wore a black tracksuit in that coincidentaly!

The Man In Black - I was wondering, has your name anything to do with the mighty Diamond Head per chance????

Or anything to do with Nativity in Black or even just the film Men in Black??? OR maybe are you just Dracula hehe.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
The Man In Black - I was wondering, has your name anything to do with the mighty Diamond Head per chance????

Well you just would wonder that! :yuk: