Newbie's Post-Hardcore Mix - Feedback Needed

ndwfrm

New Metal Member
Apr 11, 2013
Ukraine
Hi there.
Here's the mix i made for my friend's band.
This is my first "big" mix, so i really dont have any expirience how to make it sound right.
As for me it is quite muddy and weak in case of guitar stuff, but i hardly see a ways to get a better sound. Hope someone can help. Anyway, just give your feedback and any suggestions you have.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like your synth and stutters, very strong (Reminds me of chango production)! I'm having a lot of trouble hearing the guitar and bass though! Maybe try bring those levels up a bit to balance it out. What did you use for the strings and synths?

Synth sound/stutters are not mine. Everything i done with the synths is EQing and adding a soft saturation on some of them to make the sound more "aggressive".
As far as i know, they used some Massive/Nexus presets with dBlue Glitch for stutter efx.
If you are interested, i can ask guys about their synth stuff, and then answer you more accurately.

I think the synths and stutter effect are too loud, they kinda overpower the guitars in the beginning which they shouldn't, that's maybe why you think the guitars sound weak. I also feel that the overall mix is a bit dry, i would give the vocals and drums some more reverb/room to give the sound more depth. Overall i kinda dig it, sounds like Through Arteries mixed with Make Me Famous ;)