Newish

Behindert

Mar 17, 2007
Örebro, Sweden
www.myspace.com
I recorded this one the other day, but I lost all the data and had to redo it haha.. I guess it's kina rockish-metal or something. I used my 5150 with impulses for this one and I used a guitar I haven't use in a while, my Ibby Universe :) There´s also some guitar masturbation in this one :D I think the guitar sound is alright, but I think can achieve similar or even better tones with Revalver haha.

So here it is http://files.getdropbox.com/u/389199/Mullet2.mp3

I'll skip my usual copy/paste comments about all your other clips. :) I'll just say, this may well be my favorite song from you yet. But yeah, I think you get nearly (if not exactly) the same tone out of revalver in your other clips. :)

What chain and settings do you use for the guitars (the 5150)?
Sounds great, the only thing thats bothering me is the open hi-hat - it sounds very fake :(
Keep the good work up, I miss your spamming of new tunes :headbang:

Sounds great to me and I really like the song a lot. The only thing that stands out is that I wish the drums were a little lower in the mix to bring the guitars a little more forward. The bass crunch distortion sounds amazing as well. What is the bass setup? Also, what Pickup do have in your Universe?

Glad you guys like it! :)

grywolf627: Yeah I think so too.. THe biggest difference when using my 5150 though is that I don't really have to EQ anything at all, which is nice.. With Revalver I alway end up tweaking it to hell and back :)

Keregioz: Thanks dude.. I think that perhaps this tone fits this kind of music better than my more chuggy/djenty tone.

Dandelium: I like your stuff too man! Really nice :) Glad you like the samples.. Which ones are you using for the snare? I'm using the "Dry"-something snare blended with the "smack" snare.

Splat88: Yeah I agree about the drums, they need to come down a bit :) I think I got a bit carried away there haha. The "bass" setup is just my single coil clean guitar sound (sounds better with single coil since atleast some of the attack is still there after the pitch shifting) - TS9 - pitch shift - Warp VST clean channel - Warp VST distortion channel (the one in the middle). I'm still amazed of how well the Warp-plugin handles bass sounds haha... I use 2 tracks of bass (I just copy the original), one for the crunch/grind and one for the low end/sub :) For the low end track I just use the Warp clean channel and then eq it to get the right rumble. The pickups in the UV are Dimarzio Blaze II's, I really like those :)

exzem: Tack som fan!

giubis: Yup you can find all the samples in the .rar that's in my sig. Just basic eq and compression on the toms, snare and kick :)

Sickan: Thanks! Haha, spamming.. The setup is just Guitar - TS9 - 5150 - Interface - Impulses :) And yeah I'm not too fond of that hihat sample either hehe, the open hihat is only 4 samples.

It sounds really great!!!! What impulse do you use? Also, when you process your "bass" tone, do you apply different eq-compression etc on each track or do you group them and process them as one? Any screenshot with settings and procession woulb be awesome!

[...] giubis: Yup you can find all the samples in the .rar that's in my sig. Just basic eq and compression on the toms, snare and kick :) [...]

Do you remember which samples did you use for this song? You said -drysomething + smack for the snare. And for the kick and the toms?

FUCK ME! Awesome song Behindert :)

Hey, after our Sikth cover, if you want live drums on your projects, just shout... I would be SO up for this kind of music, it's almost spot on when it comes to what I want to PLAY, not write. I'm working on my solo project too right now which is more djenty but still similiar to this, but it would be really cool to not write stuff for a while, just play instead. Anyway, if you need me, you know I'm up for it :) (Guess I could record and edit myself so you wouldn't have to... )

giubis: Yeah man. The kick is the "KICK"-sample and the toms are TOM1_1 and so on-samples :) I'll post a screenshot of the bass settings later..

enditol: Thanks man.. You stuff slays btw :) Haha.. no CD in a while dude.. Maybe some day..

Erkan: Eyy, tackar! Wow yeah man that'd be really cool. Some of these songs are "paxade" for another project, but I would love to do some more collaborations :) Not having to do all the editing duties would be nice yeah haha..

Jackal_Strain: Thanks Sigurd!

GubbKuk: Ahh thanks mr Revalver-legend ;)