News follow-up comments

Who are the Gravediggaz and who do they sound like? One of my UM friends likes them and thats the only reason I found out about them. I'm more into Semi-Mainstream Rap aka "not good enough for Top 40 but will be on BET" :lol:

^I like G Funk too, like Dr. Dre's The Chronic and Warren G's stuff and more of those West Coast Rap Synthesizers. I'm not into the whole chopped and screwed thing or the Houston Rap Scene though.

Oh dear, the thread has become the "name the few hip-hop albums worth listening to" type, all too often on "metal" groups on last.fm.

OK, my 2 cents...

1. GZA/Genius - Liquid Swords. A hip-hop masterpiece; excellent beats and samples, great lyrics.

2. Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang Clan (36 Chambers); definitive 90s gangsta rap without the bling, i.e. gritty.

3. Murs - 3:16 the 9th Edition. Smooth underground hip-hop with plenty of jazz sampels. Again without the bling "We don't do diamonds, cause our dudes ain't show-offs", and without any black-supremacist ideas.

So anyway, would someone be willing to provide more information? What I'd like to know is:

What's happened with the Screamfest gig, will Asgeir still play there?

Will this delay the album?

So anyway, would someone be willing to provide more information? What I'd like to know is:

What's happened with the Screamfest gig, will Asgeir still play there?

Will this delay the album?

I think they said the album release will not be effected... but if they can't find a replacement in time then it may effect future live shows.

I think they said the album release will not be effected... but if they can't find a replacement in time then it may effect future live shows.
The only way I see the album not being effected is if the original plan was not to release it till late '09.
I might be wrong, but I think I they said early '09 was their original idea.

You know, whenever we discuss Asgeir leaving, somehow I picture Oystein grinning. As though he wasn't concerned, because he had a brilliant idea for a replacement.

I hope this is actually the case, and Oystein is thinking "nah nigga, I ain't trippen. We got this".

But seriously though. Since he says it won't effect stuff, do you think Oystein is just smiling about the news all Buddha like and not bothered by anything in the world because he already knows he has awesome connect's to get a good replacement right away?

I'd like to think so.

Jesus Christ, I've not visited this forum for a while and this news is terrible news! Who could possibly fill Asgeir's shoes? I did see a mention of Carl Michael Eide, but I thought he wasn't playing drums any more and guitar/vocals only? He's without a doubt one of the best Black Metal drummers there is :kickass:

I did see a mention of Carl Michael Eide, but I thought he wasn't playing drums any more and guitar/vocals only? He's without a doubt one of the best Black Metal drummers there is :kickass:

I did and I didn't knew anything about you said. It's so sad, being an excellent drummer :cry:

For a 'fast' replacement, Nick Barker can be the man - he did tour with Bork back on 99, but some full time drummer... I dunno.

Barker would be terrible for the job. I mean, the guy has been fired from almost all of the bands he's been involved with because of idiotic behaviour...

I personally love Asgeirs style, but I hope Lazare takes over the drums, at least for now. I love his playing too.

Hellhammer is also a *great* drummer, but I think having him in the band would make the music too similar to that of Arcturus and Dimmu Borgir.

Oh, and yeah, I'm finally back on the forum. :p

Barker would be terrible for the job. I mean, the guy has been fired from almost all of the bands he's been involved with because of idiotic behaviour...

Hellhammer is also a *great* drummer, but I think having him in the band would make the music too similar to that of Arcturus and Dimmu Borgir.

Barker played live gigs with them aroud 1999 n stuff :p

And no Hellhammer unfortunately :(