News on Doro U.S. release

Well I already have it on wishlist in an online place to order it soon at domestic (USA) prices. :D

I really was awaiting for this the album to come out. Got me even better than "Warrior Soul" since I downloaded and listened to it. I believe it has a lot of the old Warlock vibe.

Thnaks for the link ;)

She needs to include a spinning hologram of her in leather singing Fur Emmer.

smile136.gif

I hope to get another shot at an interview with her in the next few weeks...
I'll hit both of you guys up for questions...

Please do, I believe she is a figure in metal that deserves even more recognition. BTW, did you spot her on the LA show in the "Flight 666" movie?

Its been available in Australia for a little while now. Good album, its her best, most 'metal' & consistent one many years. I don't understand why she made so many terrible albums but because she has it makes this one feel like a bit of cash in. So to me its a double edged sword she is sleeping on.

Its been available in Australia for a little while now. Good album, its her best, most 'metal' & consistent one many years. I don't understand why she made so many terrible albums but because she has it makes this one feel like a bit of cash in. So to me its a double edged sword she is sleeping on.

Damn Aussies you have all the luck :saint:

I agree it's her best since the days of Warlock. I never care for her subsequent releases because of the bad reviews. I guess it took her some years (or maybe somebody pointed to her the fact) to realize that she needed a return to form. She started with "Warrior Soul" and now this great album, that plus her 25th anniversary concert maybe got her back on track finally.

I have the album already pre-orderd for June 2nd :headbang:

Yeah, agreed mate. Warrior Soul was a step in the right direction - Thunderspell was a great track!

In my old band (which has a re-rlease deal right now) opened for Doro! Not only does she rock but she is a nice person as well! Very cool indeed!

:kickass:

In my old band (which has a re-rlease deal right now) opened for Doro! Not only does she rock but she is a nice person as well! Very cool indeed!

:kickass:

Way cool, have you any pics with her? If I ever had a band I would like to have memories like those. :headbang:

Way cool, have you any pics with her? If I ever had a band I would like to have memories like those. :headbang:

No we didn't go there! But we did open for her and had a nice chat when the evening was over. Very nice,nice person!

..and Metal as hell she is! :kickass:

Awesome album guys, it's worth picking up.
Also looks like I'll get an interview for 5.25.09 so I'll get to work on some questions and obvioulsy Wyvern you can chime in if you can think of anything...

I told you the albums is really good. I preordered already but the waiting until June 2nd is killing me :loco:

Some questions:

1. How do you perceive the metal scene now compared to 25 years ago?
  2. Being you one of the top female metal musicians of our time, how do you feel the metal scene treated women all these years? Have been an improvement or a backstep?
  3. You collaborated live with Motorhead in their 25 years DVD, people easlily spotted you in Maiden's "Flight 666" LA show, you have been live with many other bands like Saxon, participated in the "Christmas Metal Symphony" event, recently your own 25 years concert was supported by Tarja Turunnen, Angela Gossow, and many other musicians. Byff Byfford sing in one of the versions of 'Celebrate' with you. A Warlock tribute recently came out, in a nutshell your popularity not only hasn't declined, you can be fairly considered a living icon. Do you feel pressured as an artist in your creativity because of such exposure? Do you considered yourself a metal icon?
  4. For how long will you wish/like to continue on this business?
  5. I have talk to several people who have met you personally and they have nothing but kind words regarding you. Did you ever felt unconfortable dealing with fans/other musicians who tried to approach you? (and still keep the good mood ;))
  6. From your whole career which three songs came to your mind right now that you're proud of?
  7. Do you have time to listen to new bands?, if so which ones can you mention that you have like lately?
More maybe later, gotta run. :D

Some good questions there Wyvern. I'm interested to see the answer to #6 in particular.

Doro recently regained the rights to the old Warlock name. This opens up a flood of questions but the main one is: Is she planning on doing anything now that she has the rights to the name back again? A new Warlock album or DVD or anything like that?

Some good questions there Wyvern. I'm interested to see the answer to #6 in particular.

Doro recently regained the rights to the old Warlock name. This opens up a flood of questions but the main one is: Is she planning on doing anything now that she has the rights to the name back again? A new Warlock album or DVD or anything like that?

Thanks Wyvern, there's a couple of there that I was gonna ask too. I think I'llk rephrase them and add all yours to the list.

I also like this question about Doro acquiring the Warlock name. I had no idea that this had happened. Thanks and I'll add this to the list.

Ruben

Thanks Wyvern, there's a couple of there that I was gonna ask too. I think I'llk rephrase them and add all yours to the list.

I also like this question about Doro acquiring the Warlock name. I had no idea that this had happened. Thanks and I'll add this to the list.

Ruben

a) Oh yes by all means, I just drop ideas. You're the journalist :)
b) I dind't know that either, will be cool indeed. But some may see it as away to cash in upon older glories. I mean she's a recognized artist and metal icon, I don't think she needs to change the name of the band, just composing good songs and playing them is enough.

Some more possible questions:

1. What musicians/music influenced your early days as an artist?
  2. Did Warlock or Doro as bands even thought in recording totally in German language? Do you think metal in confined to English language?
  3. If you could tour anywhere which countries which you like to play in?
  4. Which was the worst gig you can't remember?
  5. Did you ever had an Spinal Tap episode? :loco:
  6. Do you think you work in particular paved the way for more women into metal? (related to #2 in my previous post)
  7. Do you think the MP3s will eventually replace CDs and vinyls forever?
  8. From your career which was the hottest, craziest audience you can remember?
  9. Do you feel proud when the Warlock tribute came out (meaning you and you fellow musicians get recognition from your work and influence)?
  10. Will you like to be induce in the Rock'N'Roll Hall of Fame? Do you think those type of recognition worth something? (tricky question)
  11. How you managed to kept so sttractive after all these years, did you sell your soul to the devil? (stupid question to break ice off the record)

a) Oh yes by all means, I just drop ideas. You're the journalist :)
b) I dind't know that either, will be cool indeed. But some may see it as away to cash in upon older glories. I mean she's a recognized artist and metal icon, I don't think she needs to change the name of the band, just composing good songs and playing them is enough.

Some more possible questions:

1. What musicians/music influenced your early days as an artist?
  2. Did Warlock or Doro as bands even thought in recording totally in German language? Do you think metal in confined to English language?
  3. If you could tour anywhere which countries which you like to play in?
  4. Which was the worst gig you can't remember?
  5. Did you ever had an Spinal Tap episode? :loco:
  6. Do you think you work in particular paved the way for more women into metal? (related to #2 in my previous post)
  7. Do you think the MP3s will eventually replace CDs and vinyls forever?
  8. From your career which was the hottest, craziest audience you can remember?
  9. Do you feel proud when the Warlock tribute came out (meaning you and you fellow musicians get recognition from your work and influence)?
  10. Will you like to be induce in the Rock'N'Roll Hall of Fame? Do you think those type of recognition worth something? (tricky question)
  11. How you managed to kept so sttractive after all these years, did you sell your soul to the devil? (stupid question to break ice off the record)

Thanks my friend I will make sure to credit you on this one.

\,,/