News on new Kataklysym album - In The Arms of Devastation

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
KATAKLYSM vocalist Maurizio Iacono has issued the following update on the band's current and future activities:

"We've been working non-stop on our new album since last fall, on tour and in between touring. I've been receiving MP3 files from the rehearsals here in Chicago from J-F [guitarist Jean-Francois Dagenais] and things are going right on point. I'll be going to Montreal in March after the DANZIG tour to work on the record with the guys and work the arrangements.

"The transition from Martin [Maurais, former drummer] to Max [Duhamel] has been very smooth and what Max is putting in the new songs is just phenomenal and nothing to take away from Martin but it just sounds more like us now less mechanical and more human and that is what KATAKLYSM is about. It's all about good songs, well arranged and well done without deviating from who you are… not about being the heaviest and fastest in the world. It's also about doing tracks that will make the test of time and that is what we set out to do.

"We will keep working hard on this album to give you the best we have to offer.

"On that note, we have set the title 'In the Arms of Devastation' for the next album. Nuclear Blast have set a tentative October 17 release date but you might have to wait 'till early 2006, because until we have chills listening to the new material.. it ain't coming out! KATAKLYSM have also confirmed their appearance at the Metal Camp open air festival in Slovenia on June 23rd and 24th and will do a mini-tour with friends and labelmates GRAVEWORM that will end at the With Full Force Festival in Germany July 4th."

SculptedCold said:
Kataklysm. Blehhh.
Total agreement here. Although I guess they must be fucking awesome because, "duh, the drummer's better than you [me], dude."

[/offtopic rant]

I have not heard too much stuff from these guys but the stuff I have heard kicked alot of ass so I am looking to get more familiar with them. I may catch them on tour with Danzig if I can find out where the hell this Spirit Performance Club is in NYC that they are performing at.

VoreLord said:
Too bad about their drummer.

I can't wait to hear their new stuff. I really like the direction that they've taken with their last few albums.

Not to change subject, but I happened to notice you're in Vore. \m/

ANOTHER album? Jesus fucking Christ, whatever happened to bands having extended periods of time to keep fans salivating longer while touring and making more money in places fans can't reach just to make them salivate more?

This music industry, I'm tellin' ya.

Yes indeed also Kataklysm is completely boring and rely far too much on their drummer's OMFG NORRFTHYN HYPERBLASTAT gimmick which isn't very good either so they lose.