News?

Hello! You're absolutely right about the silence. Truth is that we have been having all sorts of things to figure out. Everybody in the band has had different priorities that had to be dealt with. The status then? All the songs are ready, and I (Marcus) plan to start recording the drums during March-April. I'm also planning to have some sort of videoblog from the studio. It has taken far too long now, I know, but we'll get there! :) It's no secret that this has been the most demanding and difficult album we have ever written, and recording hasn't even started yet. But we are very satisfied with the result of what almost 4 years (!) of struggle has brought us, and I hope you will feel the same way!
/Marcus

Well, it has always been a difficult process to write songs in Wolverine. Imagine you have five totally different people with five totally different wishes, and the compromise out of that is the result that will end up on the album. There you have Wolverine in a nutshell. This time around you add some personal issues and some degree of anxiety to meet, what we believe to be, very high expectations from others and mostly ourselves. So as you can see, it's not the easiest puzzle to solve, but I believe we are finally there!
/Marcus

Her Marcus, could you explain why you consider this your "most demanding and difficult album [you] have ever written"? Just curious.

I look forward to the new album!

Well, it has always been a difficult process to write songs in Wolverine. Imagine you have five totally different people with five totally different wishes, and the compromise out of that is the result that will end up on the album. There you have Wolverine in a nutshell. This time around you add some personal issues and some degree of anxiety to meet, what we believe to be, very high expectations from others and mostly ourselves. So as you can see, it's not the easiest puzzle to solve, but I believe we are finally there!
/Marcus

Yes, it has been very demanding indeed! Just agreeing on the tracks has been a difficult struggle. But one has to bare in mind that this is sensitvie shit you know – the songs are very personal (both music and lyrics) so it turns out to be a delicate matter to decide "where to go" with each song. Add all the complicated shit out of our personal lives on top of the music issues, and Voila! But the good thing about this is the atmosphere and quality it gives to our music! I can honestly say that many of the tracks are probably among the best stuff we've ever done. And, as I think I have said before: If there is something I need to do before I die, or before I put my bass in a coffin, it is getting this album finished and released so that anyone can get a chance at hearing it.

Might sound a bit cocky to throw out shit like this, but in the end everyone has his or her own preferences regarding music and what not... so even though I am mighty proud of the new stuff that's coming up, many will turn it down. And that's how it should be.

Can't wait to release Communication Lost.

Again – everyone, thank you so much for waiting!

Thomas