Newtoynewtoynewtoy!!!

PhilR

Studio Scapegoat
Feb 13, 2007
Nottingham, UK
www.stuckonaname.co.uk
mmmmnice.jpg

:headbang:

This thing is the absolute dogs bollocks of amps. I can't believe how punchy it sounds, hit a bass note and it just hits you in the chest like no other tube amp I've ever heard.

Who's thumb's did you break to score that.

That'd be telling now. :p

As for cabs, we've got a fair choice available. One of the advantage of running rehearsal rooms is we have a lot of gear which we're given free access to for recording purposes. So thats 2 Mesa 4x12" cabs, about 5 Marshall 1960 Lead 4x12"s, A Celestion v30 loaded Marshall 4x12"..... :loco:

We're gonna be taking some photo's of all the gear we have access to for recording, but this sits on top of the pile. :headbang:

Be putting it through it's paces on some hardcore bands this weekend.

i really want to hear a diezel miced
everyone i know told me that its an AWESOME amp

Hetfield uses them now as well apparently.

We wanted an amp that could do anything from from a great clean sound to a ridiculous hi-gain and this is pretty much it.

We were toying with the idea of going with the Randall MTS modular series, but Randall are a US company and nobody sells the damn things in the UK so we'd basically have to buy one outright just to see what they can do. Whereas Diezel actually offered to let us try before we buy. In the end we bought this one used on Ebay.

Adam Jones of Tool uses 2 of them and an old Marshall (from what i've read, he mostly uses channel 3). and his sound, live or studio, is INCREDIBLE! :kickass:

Hetfield uses them now as well apparently.

We wanted an amp that could do anything from from a great clean sound to a ridiculous hi-gain and this is pretty much it.

We were toying with the idea of going with the Randall MTS modular series, but Randall are a US company and nobody sells the damn things in the UK so we'd basically have to buy one outright just to see what they can do. Whereas Diezel actually offered to let us try before we buy. In the end we bought this one used on Ebay.

Ah, £1,500, no? I was eyeing that myself!

I tried a Randall MTS, I think it had crap modules in it, cos I really didn't like it...

Did you have a chance to compare it to a Herbert? If so, what were your impressions?

Nah this is the first Diezel we've been able to try. No local shops would ever be able to sell an amp like this.

Meisterjäger - Yeah sounds like we got the one you're thinking of. :)

One cool thing about this amp is it has a "thru" socket enabling us to chain it to a second amp without signal loss.