NFL 2011 Draft

I hear ya, but as a 14-2 team who just lost in the playoffs I'd say you definitely have much more pressing needs. Especially as a team that is ready and capable to win it all now.

I really thought they would go after Justin Houston in round 3.

I hear ya as well. Houston is exactly the type of player they needed to take a shot at? I don't even mind the Solder (OL) being the first pick...but from there on out it should have been atleast 2-3 DE's worth looking at.

I do seriously have to question the value, both to the team's makeup and with regards to the position in the draft, of their two runningback selections. It seems sometimes that Belichick has so many picks to work with that he doesn't even know what to do with them at a certain point.

For once I'd love to see the man TRADE UP! My overall thinking with the two RB's picks...is the age factor of Morris, Taylor and Faulk. Still, DE and LB was a more pressing need. I can only hope they will fill the later void with a free agent or two?

RB is by far the most replaceable starting position. New England could pick up a guy like Derrick Ward and be categorically adept.

The reason they are not worried about the pass rush is because of the Division they play in but come playoff time I think it's a mistake.

Yep.

I said that the last 2-3 years. Come playoff time...its all about quality QB play...and who can actually get to / pressure the QB the best?

"?"s...being the things I mentioned possibly happening or not. I mean c'mon we are talking about Belichick and his decisions...lol

My top 10 steals of the draft:

#10 Da'Quan Bowers/DE/ Buccs - If I'm the Buccaneers and their fans, I couldn't be happier about this selection. sure there are health concerns about Bowers' knee, I think he's going to be coming in with a massive chip on his shoulder to come in and dominate the league, proving every team that passed on him was wrong to do so.

#9 Curtis Brown/CB/ Steelers - Because he's not a premier athlete a lot of CBs were taken before him. He has size and awesome ball skills. I think he starts week 3.

#8 Stefen Wisniewski /C/ Raiders - Automatic starter. Sound blocker and athletic. This years Maurkice Pouncey.

#7 Martez Wilson/LB/ Saints - Fell to the third. Fast and explosive. I'm predicting at least 8 sacks in his rookie season.

#6 Rob Housler/TE/ Cards - Tall, athletic & good speed. Not a great blocker but the dude catches everything.

#5 Drake Nevis/DT.DE/ Colts - Strong, quick and has great hands. He will start in 2012.

#4 Leonard Hankerson/WR/ Redskins - 6-2 athletic receiver who slipped to the 3rd. Smooth route runner and good hands. Get this guy a QB!

#3 Stephen Paea/DT/ Bears - Slipped to the second. Ferocious against the run and decent pass rusher.

#2 Kenrick Ellis/NT.DT/ Jets - The Jets hit a home run in the third. SCARY! 6-5 355 and athletic.

#1 Prince Amukamara/CB/ Giants - Now, it's been widely touted that the Giants got a "steal" with Amukamara at 19 and to me that's an under statement, he wasn't the top listed cornerback in the draft, but he was still projected to go in the top ten on many draft boards.