NGD: Boss HM-2 just arrived...... here's just a quicky...............................

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
So, my boss hm-2 just arrived last night, and I'm still trying to dial-in the settings. If it sounds like shit, well... that's what I was going for. :lol: (I wanted to try and get that Bloodbath Resurrection Through Carnage tone, and still trying to get there.)

Guitar -> HM-2 -> 5150 -> M/B 2x12 roadster -> SM57

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5218029/Virgil_Devil Theory_test.mp3

P.S. - This isn't serious... this is just for fun and was a quick test (literally about a 5 minute tracking, mixing and uploading). My bass was out of tune (lol) and I did absolutely no EQ on the guitars, this was just the raw wet guitar track.

5150 settings? (I'm assuming hm-2 was just all the way up on all knobs?)
Mine arrived yesterday too, my poor tone hunting skills are making themselves apparent :lol:

5150 settings? (I'm assuming hm-2 was just all the way up on all knobs?)
Mine arrived yesterday too, my poor tone hunting skills are making themselves apparent :lol:

I'm not by the amp at the moment, so I'm not 100% confident these are what I used, but pretty close:
(actual values, not o'clock)

Red/lead channel, plugged into the high-gain input.
pre-gain - 4
post-gain - 1
bass - 5
mids - 2 (which I probably need to reduce even more considering the amount of mids coming out of this pedal. lol)
high - 6.5
res - 5
pres - 6.5

and

HM-2
level - max
color L - max
color H - max
distortion - 0 (I use my amp distortion instead)

The 57 was also about 1/4" off the grille, center of the cone, straight on. Edit: I also run the pedal in front of the amp, not in the fx-loop.