May 13, 2009
My 2005 Faded Special showed up today.

Quick pics,
gibby1.JPG

gibby2.JPG

gibby3.JPG

gibby4.JPG

gibby5.JPG

I haven't had too much time to play it much, but here are my initial impressions,

Taking the guitar out of the case the first thing I noticed was how light the guitar was.

Next thing I noticed was how really nice the plain walnut finish looked. Very understated, but also incredibly pleasing to the eye.

As for ease of play, I honestly can't remember picking up a guitar and finding it so immediately comfortable to play.

Neck is incredibly smooth to the touch.

Bridge is perfectly placed, as I always find them to be on SGs and LPs.

No buzzing frets or deadspots.

Pups sound really nice.

No intonation problems.

Tuning is good, but since it's a pretty humid day here, I'm going to need to let the guitar acclimate better.

I also gave the guitar the once over and I really couldn't find any dents, dings, or scratches of notice. Plus it came with a Gibson hardshell case, so I'm definitely a happy little SG camper atm.

I bought a wine red Gibson SG in Feb '05. I love it. I checked out a faded and then a black SG with brushed metal hardware. I liked all of them but the wine red one just seemed right for me. Chunky sounding guitars for sure!

I personally think they're hard to beat for heavy rhythm work. It's like you almost have to work hard on it to get them to sound crappy. :)