NGD: The Snakebyte has landed

Congrats !
The only LTD ive got from the 4 i own that came with a hard case, was my Baritone Viper, even my top of the line Viper Bass didnt come with one and that was near on £800
All my ESPs came with them though.

Aye but this is pretty much ESP price area (£1300) so I kinda expected one, especially since they all come with a case in the USA but ah well :(

Lasse, thats cool! I really love the MX250's, ill never really be able to get one so this is the next best thing really. I MUCH prefer this shape to the EX shape (I've got one of those too, great guitar but the pointyness isn't my fav).

Carlos, nice pics! I dig those Voodoo Gibsons, like the explorer ;) Shame they were all discontinued :(

Haha yeah it does look that way Harry, its all in the light ;)

Must say for the price the quality control at ESP isn't exactly great....theres some "blemishes" on the paint work on areas of the neck where the fret dots go. Along with a bit of scuffing on one of the tuners...no biggies and im sure ill end up wearing the finish on the neck off a little bit over time but still...geeeez!

If you bought it new, demand pictures and ask for a discount, especially if you got raped on price. You got a new guitar (I'm assuming) and that's what you paid for.

If you bought it new, demand pictures and ask for a discount, especially if you got raped on price. You got a new guitar (I'm assuming) and that's what you paid for.

Yeah ive just come off the phone to them, I tried to get pictures but they just don't show up at all. Its only in a certain light where you can see them tbh. I just got £25 off anyway so im pretty pleased with that....that area gets worn down from the back of the thumb over time anyway.

Drooling... not only for the guitar but for the 2 amp heads behind.
I'm thinking of getting an EVH 5150 III, is it that good?

Yeah its immense, I love channel 2 aswell...really thick and juicy! DO EEET!

Well its a sad day....

On the same day of its arrival I found posts on the ESP board saying about Snakebytes having cracks in the finish on the neck joint so I checked mine....low and behold mine was cracked too. See below pics.

Crack1.jpg

Crack3.jpg

So I had one put back for me at another store and found out today due to this weekends hot weather in the UK its also developed the same crack. Thats the FOURTH ive seen....seems this is a inherant problem with them being mass produced. Im not paying £1k for a guitar with cracks in the finish like this...it will no doubt get worse over time, the paint started to chip around the crack a little in the 2 days I had this guitar.

I can't wait for XX amount of months for a whole new shipment so it looks like im going to have to give the Snakebyte a miss despite it being a killer guitar.

Anybody got a MX250 they fancy parting with? ;)

sad to hear that Jaymz!!!
it sucks so badly, I had some cracks on my burny but it was used... this is brand new!!! :(

Yeah man im really fucked off :( It was like my perfect guitar, the power chords were SAVAGE! But im really dubious to buy another one when this could happen at any time...

Plus ive sold one of my other guitars to help pay for this so im 1 guitar down....hoping something tasty appears on Ebay sometime soon that will "make up" for this disaster :(