NGD! Good Ol' Petrucci

Taylord

Aug 21, 2012
Hey guys, after being on the market for a while I finally found the right guitar, a JP6 in Graphite Pearl!

Pics from the previous owner:

And today my buddy snapped a few with my Carbon blue JP7 as well.

The previous owner said it was an 06 model and has been in the case for most of it's life. It's in perfect condition and still has all the case candy. Even though it's not really set up for my tuning, it still plays so smooth and sounds great.

I really wanted one with a non matching headstock and the original custom Dimarzios, and I finally found one with those specs plus the piezo pickup! Having played a few different JPs, I think I feel most at home with the standard model. The cutaway is really comfortable, and the oiled neck is really fast and smooth. The finish is kind of hard to capture, but I love the subtle look of the guitar.

I love the pickups in the 7 string form, and was curious how the 6 set would compare to the BKPs in my Ibanez RG770. I think both sets are equally awesome. The Dimarzios are really tight, clear, and chords sound really rich and full. I really love this guitar, and am excited to start writing and recording with it!

Those are killer. I remember trying one and thinking the neck profile was super nice. Kinda in-between Ibanez-y and Jackson-y. Very comfy.