NGD: Jackson USA Broderick

Wizard of Ozz

¤Arch Mage of Metal¤
Feb 14, 2004
The Gates of Hell
I've been wanting one these monsters since the first day I saw one. I got to play one in my local GC (which usually has only import junk) of all places about a month ago, and then I knew I had to have one... Oh yes it would be mine. The only thing holding me back when I first saw these when they were released were 2 things. 1) The crappy quilted tops... and 2) The more brown than black fretboards. Well when I found this bad-boy with the dark ebony board, and primo AAA quilted maple top, I had to have it. Lock the door, turn on Symphony of Destruction, grab the hand-cream and tissues... Here's the pronz:

jcb6_zps52dd4286.jpg

jcb3_zpsacfd4634.jpg

jcb2_zpsed51b524.jpg

jcb7_zpsf0f35f8f.jpg

jcb8_zps4b3843f4.jpg

jcb5_zpsa647f407.jpg

jcb9_zpsa0714d61.jpg

jcb10_zps1bcf4304.jpg

This is a well thought out and well executed player's guitar. The recessed controls, low profile Original Floyd Rose Pro (made in Germany), side recessed input jack, speed body cuts on each side of the neck, 24 Jumbo stainless steel frets, 12" radius neck (305 mm), kill switch, and the killer sounding DiMarzio Broderick modified D-Activator pickups... this axe is made to slay. And it does. The mahogany body gives it a darker, warmer thicker tone most will immediately notice compared to most other Jackson USA offerings. The guitar is also pretty heavy... close to Les Paul weight... I haven't weighed it yet... but I'm guessing around 9 lbs. The offset body shape and location of the strap pins, just automatically make the guitar hang in the perfect slant. The neck is more rounded in a small D shape (similar to a ESP Horizon II), compared to the flat shred-friendly profile found on most USA Soloists, like the SL1/SL2H. I'm a big Soloist fan, but this guitar is a welcome departure, and makes all the right moves in all the right directions. I've owned a bunch of guitars from Jackson, PRS, Ibanez, ESP, Suhr, Anderson, Gibson, EBMM, and others... and right out of the box, this is pretty much my ideal creation. Tone + Function = Epic Winz. Well done Mr. Broderick. You are the master.
:worship: :devil: :worship:

Great looking guitar. congrats. I would love to try one but could probably not afford or justify the cost of such a thing. Also, Im not a fan of the floyd rose systems and wish they would offer something similar aesthetically but with a fixed or string thru bridge. I think its really cool to hear about the weight though, I love heavier guitars and by looking at this you would think its more lightweight like an ibanez s or something. Happy shredding!!

7 string version with only a volume poti and a 3 way switch, no floyd, perfect.
It's still a beauty and probably sounds great!

Congrats!

If you want to get the fretboard even more dark, put some lemon oil on it, do
it from time to time, at least on my guitars it really helped to darken the fretboard
quite a bit.

That fretboard is really brown if it's supposed to be ebony, but anyways a killer guitar. It still confuses me how much importance is credited to the guitars wood and weight though, it seriously has nothing to do with the sound if it's plugged in.