* • Switchcraft long type input jack
* • Dunlop straplocks
* • Gotoh knobs
* • Buffalo bone nut
* • "Glow in the dark" side dots inlays
* • "Tiger-tobacco burst"
* • Nitro-cellulouse high gloss finish

Review:
Finally had some time to do a NGD / review on this beast, I’ll get right to the point: Easily one of the most amazing sounding, looking and playing instruments I’ve ever touched. As soon as you strum a chord you can feel the resonance in your hands and the tone jumps off the fretboard and hits you hard. The guitar really has a unique voice and connects with what I’m trying to play and communicate. The craftsmanship is absolute perfection; the attention to detail and love given to the build is obvious. I really dig the pickups so far too, the Aftermath has a nice balance across the frequency range in this guitar and the bottom is super tight. The low B sounds like just another string not flopping around at all. A nice bonus is Vik is fantastic to work with, constant communication and updates and just a great guy.

Many more clips to come, I can’t wait to record some actual songs with this thing!

More pics on the Vik site: http://www.vikguitars.com/duality7.html

Build story (very cool): http://vikguitars.com/en-us/forum/index.php?topic=53.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a piece of candy. I want to bite it! Craftsmanship looks ace. Have fun with your new baby! :headbang:

What about the Sonics Anima?

They are amazing, best mix tool I've ever had. I liked the Opals a lot too but found something irritating about them after long sessions. The Sonics translate better and give me more insight into the mix right away, there was really no learning curve, the clarity is just there instantly and the dynamics are incredible. You can really hear the 'spaces' between loud and soft and the movement of compression in a 3D way. The stereo imaging is also superb.

They tend to the bright side but I don't ever find them fatiguing. They definitely don't go as low or as loud as the Opals. You can hear the low end but it doesn't go low enough to really 'feel', so I use a Sub8 with them for that. They don't make a great client impresser or anything like that but for mixing they rule IMO.

I feel pretty much set for monitors finally, at least until I can afford some bigger 'mains' down the road like Barefoot or similar. Got some more room treatment going in right away here as well!