NGD with a clip!

Clark Kent

Jan 23, 2011
Sorry guys, no Seymour Duncans or ESPs in this thread. :) I got a Fender Baja Telecaster. What's different about this tele is that it's Custom Shop designed but made in Mexico to keep the price down. A normal tele has three pickup positions but this one has four and a phase S1 switch so I have six different sounds out of these pickups instead of the normal three.

Here's the clip:

I'm going through all pickup positions here so:
1: neck pickup
2: bridge pickup
3: both pickups in series
4: both pickups in series out of phase
5: both pickups in parallel
6: both pickups in parallel out of phase

Same order with the distorted tone. The guitar looks like this one but I have a see-through paint so I can see the beautiful ash under the paint.

1-172.jpg

I love the choppy character of a tele. It's not something you'll hear in metal bands but IMO it has a very cool character. Like a certain kind of growl. If you're looking for a studio guitar, this is extremely usable in those situations. The neck is fat as f*** though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dog Fashion disco uses a tele in metal!The guitar player uses a Budda amp and tele combo. I think it sounds pretty good!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yp8zIsrLYI&feature=related[/ame]

especially the last part sounds pretty cool, sounds like it's a great guitar for everything more rock orientated.
I can only imagine how it would sound in a nice stoner rock mix, mixed with a les paul for example *yummy*

Cool axe dude. What are you using to capture the sound?

I own a fender classic '68 reverse headstock MIM and I love it. I'd like to change the pups anyway. Do you have some info on your tele's pups? They sound amazing.

Thanks guys! The pickups are Fenders Custom Shop pickups: 'Twisted' in neck position and 'Broadcaster' in bridge position.

I'm using Overloud TH2 to capture the sound here. Didn't really tweak it enough.. just wanted a quick test. :)