nick holmes is one of them

"What has influenced the band in the making of the new album?

-The necessity to maintain a career in the music industry was a big help...apart from that, the lust to be an international celebrity is a constant craving...

What are the main messages and contents of the songs?

-A saddening look at pityful self degradation.

What keeps you guys going?

-The love of broken showers, cracked toilet bowls, flea infested chesterfield settees, and the prospect of free lager and my clothes smelling of cigarette smoke is always a bonus"

though

"Question:
Hi! Why did you leave Anathema after such a good album (Judgement)? What was the reason? (Sosna)

Answer:
I left after the record that followed 'Judgement', called 'A fine day to Exit', in June 2001. I'd had enough of the situation I was in and decided to just stop taking about it and actually do something about it. It was a perfectly simple selfish move on my part. No one else really cared what I wanted at the time so I just moved on"

Don Corleone said:
nick holmes has a greate sense of humor. anyone seen his essay on their site about being a rock star? killer
it should be written about being a fucking pop star :yuk:

who cares if they're metal/rock? take host, for example. it was alright without heavy riffing while symbol of life turned out to be plain shit although it's more guitar orientated. the video for "erased" made me puke.

don't give me this shit about TRVE metal and all, they are utter crap now and you know it!
i can only guess how will sound the next album more "guitarly orientated", but probably we won't hear songs like "Forever failure" i.e. :(

I think that "host" is very similar to "34,788%" by MDB in many ways. both bands did a very brave thing with these albums, and then decided to step backwards again. what a pity.

I really liked Host the first few times I heard it, then it very quickly got boring. And every time I tell someone Host bores me, they tell me I need to give it time!