Nightliners

I have been on tour several times aswell with Emperor/aeternus/bal Sagoth/Dismember and many more and believe me... A GOOD BUS IS A MUST ! it's already hard enough to be on each others asses for a month let alone without a decend place to relax or sleep. Impossible. I therefor really think it's a shame what happened here and there are certain people to point your finger at in this matter but none of the bands that's for sure... hope you can make it some other time. Realy wanted to see Borknagar and have a beer with mr V again !

Kasper

Sorry for being yet another wiseguy with a brilliant idea for making the tour possible, but I was wondering did you ever consider buying transportation in Germany and selling it afterwards? I checked some prices and found that you can easily get 10-15-year-old vans/minivans in good shape (like VW Caravelle, Mitsubishi L300 and even Chrysler Voyager) with 6-9 seats in the price-range 1500 - 3000 Euro. And you can also get used campingwagons for 500 - 1500 Euro.

6 minivans, each with a campingwagon should be enough for the whole lot of people travelling on this tour (getting 6 drivers shouldn't be a problem?). Buying everything would cost approx 21 000 Euro (190 000 swedish kroner). After the tour, you can even sell everything. If your budget was 490 000 swedish kroner, you can of course buy nicer (or more) vans/campingwagons if you need to, and of course sell them afterwards. :D

So, what's the catch about this idea then...? ;)

The main problem is the rather long distances , we'd had to travel at night after each gig. So we'd sleep during travel.
With campingwagons we'd had to stop every time we'd want to sleep...

Well, you can sleep in campingwagons even though you're driving... it may not be 100% legal but I've never heard of the police stopping cars with campingwagons to check if the wagon has passengers. Also in 9-seater minivans two people can easily sleep, although it's not that comfortable. The vehicles can be registered to a German company (Century Media for instance :cool: ) when they are bought, so all you need are German drivers.

Yes, the plan is a bit complicated and uncomfortable, but when a european tour is at stake you would like to try all options, right? I was just curious to know if you had considered this one, because I think it sounds pretty good and it's cheap :)

Well , first off , there is no way we'd go on tour with campingwagons , because we would not want to jeopardize it by sleeping in the wagons. We're criss crossing in and out of the EU , they stop every vehicle on those borders , we'd get caught for certain. That would in all likelyhood be the end of that tour.
And where would we store all the gear?
Besides it isn't very safe , small mishaps on the autobahn could have bigger consequences to our lives than necesarry , I won't gamble with my life for ANY tour.

This was never an option for us , and it will never be.

Nothing personal to anyone here , but these suggestions are extremely stupid , even though you might mean it in good spirit...
And what's the point of second guessing this situation? We have laid all the cards on the table for you to view , you should be content with that.

This discussion is over.

This discussion is over.

Haaarggh, another ThreadKiller!!!:D :D :D
Besides Tyr is right (thx Paul) , I mean if I go to a Borknagar, or for that matter, ANY shows, I want to see the musicans die on the stage, doing perfect show (well, as much as possible) and this can be hardly done by not really sleeping for a month. I personally hardly could cope with being together with a busload of other man for a month.... so I understand.
And I wanted to say before to you all who "second guessing" the decision, that I think this is kinda childish. You wont see them this year. So what? I mean, thought I personally was looking forward for their show, especially after I missed their show this summer here, no bad feelings at all. No offense to anyone, but life goes on without a Borknagar show. And the Borknadettes know it too.

I mean if I go to a Borknagar, or for that matter, ANY shows, I want to see the musicans die on the stage, doing perfect show (well, as much as possible) and this can be hardly done by not really sleeping for a month.

My sentiments exactly..

Originally posted by Tyr
My sentiments exactly..

Why do you whant yo kill the threads all the time?? It looks like you tring to hide something :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

argue.jpg

From the sounds of things, Borknagar is going to have to hire MacGuyver to be their tour manager. He could get them from Budapest to Munich in relative comfort with nothing but corncobs, 50 lbs of wet cement, a mule, and his Swiss Army Knife. So, what's your excuse now, huh? Huh?

Originally posted by TravisW
From the sounds of things, Borknagar is going to have to hire MacGuyver to be their tour manager. He could get them from Budapest to Munich in relative comfort with nothing but corncobs, 50 lbs of wet cement, a mule, and his Swiss Army Knife. So, what's your excuse now, huh? Huh?

MacGuyver is dead... :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by TravisW

Actually, he can build a nuclearpowerplant out of a half pen and a broken writingmachine, so if he had all that stuff he could easily build two nighliners with best comfort including the drivers. But damn, he´s dead :cry: