Nightmare Records signs Myrath for their upcoming release

If this doesn't finish the year in my Top 10, it means 2010 was one hell of a year. This is my #1 Prog Metal release of 2010 to date.

It is one hell of a CD. I have been playing it in my rotation since Jan. So far it is my # 1 release of 2010 also. Now Glenn has to find a way to get them for ProgPower 2011.

If this doesn't finish the year in my Top 10, it means 2010 was one hell of a year. This is my #1 Prog Metal release of 2010 to date.

Considering how much you seem to care about singers I'm surprised. I can't stand to listen to it due to the singer. I think that Dillinger Escape Plan, Haken, Shaolin Death Squad, Echoes, Orphaned Land and Kingcrow have all released better albums that can be classified in some way with progressive metal.

Considering how much you seem to care about singers I'm surprised. I can't stand to listen to it due to the singer.
I like the singer, but can't understand why he may not be for everyone.

I think that Dillinger Escape Plan, Haken, Shaolin Death Squad, Echoes, Orphaned Land and Kingcrow have all released better albums that can be classified in some way with progressive metal.
Don't care for the Orphaned Land, and just begun checking out the Kingcrow. The others I'll have to check out. Thanks.

It will definitely be in my Top 5 without a doubt!

It is one hell of a CD. I have been playing it in my rotation since Jan. So far it is my # 1 release of 2010 also. Now Glenn has to find a way to get them for ProgPower 2011.

They are a MUST HAVE for PP XII :headbang:

Considering how much you seem to care about singers I'm surprised. I can't stand to listen to it due to the singer. I think that Dillinger Escape Plan, Haken, Shaolin Death Squad, Echoes, Orphaned Land and Kingcrow have all released better albums that can be classified in some way with progressive metal.

The new singer takes a few spins to get used to but he has a great voice. This album blows away all the others you've mentioned here :)

I think I must be the only one let down by this release. I LOVED hope and was really looking forward to this new one and bought it blind. This in turn reminded me why I stopped blind buying in the first place. Don't get me wrong, its not bad album at all, its just does not grab me the way hope did.

They ARE playing PP XII... the European version! ;) (PPEu is one year ahead of PPUSA.)

http://progpower.eu/

I know, I wish I could swing that. So many great bands this year!!

I think I must be the only one let down by this release. I LOVED hope and was really looking forward to this new one and bought it blind. This in turn reminded me why I stopped blind buying in the first place. Don't get me wrong, its not bad album at all, its just does not grab me the way hope did.

It took me quite a few spins to get used to but I think overall it's a better album than Hope. Maybe you didn't give it enough attention?