Nightwish Board Is Gay

Nightwish are ok, they dont exactly redifine "innovative", but they combine good keyboard melodies, good song arrangements and a good voice to something that's pretty unique in the metal scene. They can get a bit tiresome and boring sometimes though... Id count them among my 50 favourite bands or something ;)

spellbound-by-the-bodom said:
nightwish is not childish music , its very well written and the lyrics have a LOT of depth which I wont go into here. You dont have to like it just give it a bit of respect ok thanks!

ps dimmu borgir are really good and marduk suck IMO :p

stay heavy

david

I agree. :)

spellbound-by-the-bodom said:
nightwish is not childish music , its very well written
They avoid being technical and fast (the exception being The Pharaoh Sails To Orion) and they always have generic song structures, and they tend to always go for choruses and intros (see Wishmaster, End of All Hope etc).
I wouldnt call that well written.
The reason Nightwish are so hugely popular is that they do that more than any other band in the entire "true" metal genre.
And when it comes to the lyrics it always comes down to preference.
I prefer political/antireligious lyrics before the fantasy style.

they dont have genric song structure at all pretty much every song has varied structure. so 2 songs have big openings loads of bands do that shit lol . the lyrics arnt fantasy anymore , they are metaphorical (sp?)

@kitty umm NO! she can go to fucking hell! i'll do my best to piss her off

I can give Nightwish lots of credit for nicely arranging their instruments and for writing nice melodies, but not for an overly varied songstructure, sorry. And I dont think anyone seriously should.

@kitty umm NO! she can go to fucking hell! i'll do my best to piss her off

Fine, can't blame me for trying . :Smug:

Well my bf was booted out of the NW boards rather abruptly. :p So I'm guessing he might show his sorry face around here. :)

I dont think this is a question of opinions, but rather one of facts.. but you may think what you want for all I care

nightwish should hear gentle giant!
Complex song structures, no more than 1 instrument doing the same melodic line!!

Now THAT'S the shiat, mah niggah! :headbang: