NIGHTWISH: Endless Forms Most Beautiful

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
Still a ways to go, but here's some concrete details to get excited about...

NIGHTWISH - NEW ALBUM TITLE, ARTWORK, RELEASE DATES CONFIRMED

On March 27th (EU), 30th (UK) and 31st (North America), the long-awaited new Nightwish studio album will be released, entitled Endless Forms Most Beautiful.

p199p1kgfief71ptip2ccav2nn4.jpg

The detailed cover-artwork was created by longtime collaborator Toxic Angel. Endless Forms Most Beautiful features eleven new songs and will be released in different formats:

Standard CD
Digibook (incl. instrumental CD)
2LP (vinyl in gatefold) in different colours
Earbook (incl. instrumental and orchestral CD)
Earbook (deluxe version incl. bonus vinyl)
Download

The first single from Endless Forms Most Beautiful is called “Élan” and it will be released on February 13th via Nuclear Blast.

p198kvcee7e861fpd691131cpcc4.jpg

Endless Forms Most Beautiful will be the first Nightwish studio album to feature Dutch vocalist Floor Jansen. Longtime drummer Jukka Nevalainen will sit out on the recording sessions due to health issues; Kai Hahto (Wintersun a.o.) will replace him. Nightwish also revealed the famed evolutionary biologist and writer, Professor Richard Dawkins as a guest on this eighth studio album.

Nightwish continue to roll out live dates for 2015. For their complete itinerary visit Nightwish.com.

A Dawkins guest spot just seems...odd. At any rate this will probably be the first Nightwish disc I've bought in a while. I'm interested in what Floor brings to new material.

A Dawkins guest spot just seems...odd. At any rate this will probably be the first Nightwish disc I've bought in a while. I'm interested in what Floor brings to new material.

Not so odd when you consider that the title refers to a Charles Darwin quote:

“Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.”

Elan?

I've bought 2 Nightwish albums in the past couple months, but this will be the first one I've bought at release since Wishmaster.

Not so odd when you consider that the title refers to a Charles Darwin quote:

I get that. It's just that Dawkins is not terribly metal, you know (other than his penchant for being abrasive, which one could easily say applies to metal)? Spoken word guest spot or?

yeah. I really hope Tuomas has gotten all the overbearing bombast out of his system at this point and they write a kickass album. I can't blind buy Nightwish anymore and if this is Disney/Broadway metal part 2, not even Floor would get me to buy it.

yeah. I really hope Tuomas has gotten all the overbearing bombast out of his system at this point and they write a kickass album. I can't blind buy Nightwish anymore and if this is Disney/Broadway metal part 2, not even Floor would get me to buy it.

Don't count on it. While I still really like Nightwish and will gladly buy any new release, I think TH has gone a bit off the deep end. He is a great talent, but if he wants to do film music, well, do film music. I think he is currently relying too much on the orchestra and other elements. Why does he need bag pipes when guitars and synths do just fine? I prefer a little more metal in my metal then he has been delivering. I don't expect anything different in the new one, but if the songs are good then I will still enjoy it as I have just about everything else.

Just my two cents.....

Don't count on it. While I still really like Nightwish and will gladly buy any new release, I think TH has gone a bit off the deep end. He is a great talent, but if he wants to do film music, well, do film music. I think he is currently relying too much on the orchestra and other elements. Why does he need bag pipes when guitars and synths do just fine? I prefer a little more metal in my metal then he has been delivering. I don't expect anything different in the new one, but if the songs are good then I will still enjoy it as I have just about everything else.

Just my two cents.....
Amen to that.

When it comes to science and atheism, Dawkins is about as metal as you can get...
The addition of Floor makes this a blind buy for me--when Annette was brought in, everyone cried, but after NW put out an album wrapped around her vocal style she sounded just fine (I know I know some people are STILL crying. Get over it for fuck's sake).
Now, we will get a chance to see someone incredibly talented wrap an album around Floor's vocal style. Richard Dawkins is just a plus.

I'm assuming by the album title that this is a concept album about evolutionary biology - or that much of the album's content is based on that topic. So if you're one of the biggest bands in the world, why WOULDN'T you ask a former Oxford Professor and general expert on the field to make an appearance on it?