NIGHTWISH SLAYED LAST NIGHT!

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
Gang;

Talk about taking no prisoners....Nightwish not only kicked ass in Philly last night. They blew up and toe-tagged the place! They had us begging for more. If you do not have your seats for Nighwish live, BY ALL MEANS GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND GET THEM!!!!!!!!!

Peace,
Ray C.

I was indeed at the show last night in Philly and as expected, it was AWESOME. Annette made quite the believer out of me. They played a lot of the new album, which was expected and she performed admirably. However, what impressed me the most was her take on the older songs. Obviously, it was more than apparent that she does not have the same voice as Tarja, but she definately added her own style to the older songs and made it work. The classics are still classics, even if they have a new twist, HERE'S THE SETLIST AS I REMEMBER IT, DON'T LOOK BELOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW:

1. Bye Bye Beautiful
2. Cadence of Her Last Breath
3. Dark Chest of Wonders
4. Ever Dream
5. Amaranth
6. The Islander
7. Poet and the Pendulum
8. She Is My Sin
9. Sahara
10. Sleeping Sun
11. Slaying the Dreamer
12. Nemo
---------------------
13. Eva
14. Wishmaster
15. Wish I Had An Angel

I'm not sure if that's the exact order, but those are definately all the songs. Now that I've seen them live once with Annette, I'm even MORE hyped for their next tour in the spring! VIVA NIGHTWISH!

PS: Sorry for not saying bye to all the other OSA-ers last night! As the show ended, I needed to get to the closest bathroom immediately that was not in the Troc, because that bathroom is gross! I'll see some of you Friday!

Glad you guys all had a great time, I bought my tickets for the L.A. show the other day (and the album too). I think it will sink in that I'm seeing them again when I actually get to the House of Blues on Sunday, November 4th.

And can you believe? We have to change our clocks back that day so I have to wait an extra hour more to see Nightwish than the rest of you!

Is this the usual amount of songs in their set? As stated in my previous post, I am new to the band and although it rocked; i felt it was short and wanted MORE!!

Is this the usual amount of songs in their set? As stated in my previous post, I am new to the band and although it rocked; i felt it was short and wanted MORE!!

15 songs is the usual amount and generally the maximum for a set by just about any band. Also, when you consider that one of those songs is The Poet and the Pendulum, which is a 14 minute song, the set was actually a bit longer than average.

For Philly, Tel and Tramz and I were up in the VIP seats and I'm glad... totally different experience from being 3rd row among the moshing at NYC. I didn't have to peer through hair and horns to see anything ;p At Philly, I was able to really appreciate the technical details of the music and see all the character and energy the guys and Anette put into the concert. Like Emppu grabbing Marco's ass.

While Anette's singing may not be perfect... her stage presence is PERFECT. We could not ask for more in terms of her being friendly, cheerful, and into the music. Same thing at the signing, she's very outgoing and funny.

I was really impressed with Wishmaster. Certainly it was arranged around what she couldn't do and she did have some trouble with certain notes but her effort was commendable and I enjoyed hearing it. She is My Sin was also excellent. While I love the original for the power Tarja put into it, she always sang it rather straight. Anette puts in the character that really brings life to the song.